X1 FCC certification (Major Nelson confirms)

#11Xbox4everPosted 8/28/2013 5:53:17 AM
Lapanui posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
It's called the power of the internet, and every whiny child that want's to argue and complain about such trivial things has a voice anonymously.

I could care less about all this fiasco as I already have had the Day One edition pre-ordered a while back, and will be patiently waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep :)

This is how I see it. People who aren't bothered about this FCC approval are going to get an X1 anyway. Those who are bothered were most likely not going to get an X1 in the first place.

The console is still being released, if you are getting one regardless, why should it matter when it get's approved, as long as they release the console within the estimated date...

Some people...

I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of the people moaning about the FCC approval don't even know what it means and what it entails. Example, look above a few posts.

Such a stupid thing to argue over. Totally agree with you Lapanui.
---
Phenom II X6 1055T@ 2.8 GHz | CM Storm Enforcer | 8 GB DDR3 RAM | HT Omega Claro Plus | MSI GTX 560 Ti TFII | 1.0 TB HDD | XL2370-1 23" |
#12Neutron15Posted 8/28/2013 6:26:32 AM
here is more proof:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=396261&fcc_id=C3K1525
---
I WISH AGNI'S PHILOSOPHY BECOMES FINAL FANTASY XVI
#13Ch3wyPosted 8/28/2013 6:28:45 AM
I'm going to need to see the long form certificate.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14HeavyLightPosted 8/28/2013 6:36:38 AM
great, x1 and its games are not rushed then
good job there ms
---
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
#15IzecPosted 8/28/2013 6:36:39 AM
MS really should've announced it earlier then. Any bit of positivity amidst the chaos would've helped.

Unless of course something they changed makes it so that XB1 has to receive FCC approval all over again.
---
No Text
#16micheal82Posted 8/28/2013 6:42:22 AM
ItIsOkBro posted...
How does the FCC work because the upclock happened after which must change things.

The FCC only cares about the interference with other devices around it such as pacemakers. All they want to know is will the wireless signals harm a pacemaker, cause interference in police, fire or other emergency workers scanners. Changes to the tech that doesn't change the communications part of the device doesn't need a new FCC certification.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#17SunDevil77Posted 8/28/2013 6:44:15 AM
Izec posted...
MS really should've announced it earlier then. Any bit of positivity amidst the chaos would've helped.

I don't think most companies see the FCC approval as a big deal. They saw the internet made it into a big deal, and debunked the "Xbox is gunna SO be delayed evrywheres!" rumors.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#18bob15xPosted 8/28/2013 6:48:18 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Izec posted...

I don't think most companies see the FCC approval as a big deal. They saw the internet made it into a big deal, and debunked the "Xbox is gunna SO be delayed evrywheres!" rumors.

well sony fanboys saw it a big deal when they thought the wireless transmitting frequency of 2.7hz meant the cpu was clocked at that lol. that was too funny.
#19supermoc10Posted 8/28/2013 7:20:12 AM
Then how come we can't find it?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#20bessy67Posted 8/28/2013 7:22:50 AM
supermoc10 posted...
Then how come we can't find it?

I think this is it:

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/tcb/reports/Tcb731GrantForm.cfm?mode=COPY&RequestTimeout=500&tcb_code=&application_id=751096&fcc_id=C3K1525

Dual band WLAN module. FCC tests wireless emissions, and chances are that would be the only part that emits a wireless signal. And yes, you can just get a component tested and use it in a device that was not tested. For example, the FCC ID printed on my Samsung laptop is for the Intel Centrino Wimax WLAN.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67