Microsoft passed FCC certification before the PS4 says Larry Hryb

#1Jakali9Posted 8/28/2013 8:25:29 AM
Xbox One passed FCC certification "earlier this summer before PS4", Microsoft's Larry Hryb has revealed, suggesting that the console had been further along in the production cycle than Sony's platform.

The FCC tests electrical equipment for electromagnetic interference before approving the device for release in the US, with document's discovered on the organisations website revealing that PlayStation 4 passed certification around July 22.

At the time of their discovery, some suggested that the news meant that PlayStation 4 was further ahead in its development cycle than Xbox One.

But according to Microsoft, that's not the case.

"We got FCC approval earlier this summer before PS4," Hryb wrote on Reddit, in response to fans discussing the console's manufacturing process.

Sony announced a release date for PlayStation 4 last week, confirming a November 29 launch in the UK. Xbox One, meanwhile, launches at some point in November.

Source: reddit.com
#2Decimator11Posted 8/28/2013 8:32:49 AM
Penello said the same thing yesterday.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#3TYWIN_LANNlSTERPosted 8/28/2013 8:39:27 AM
Yet they wait all this time to announce it. Riiight.
#4DarkMasterShakePosted 8/28/2013 8:41:19 AM
"We got FCC approval earlier this summer before PS4," Hryb wrote on Reddit, in response to fans discussing the console's manufacturing process.

Sony announced a release date for PlayStation 4 last week, confirming a November 29 launch in the UK. Xbox One, meanwhile, launches at some point in November.

Sigh, MS lying to people again....any way to get some type of victory.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#5LapanuiPosted 8/28/2013 8:42:32 AM(edited)
Why didn't Sony announce it either? I don't remember Sony actually announcing anything, someone must of come across something. It was approved in July so why didn't we know about it then?
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#6bessy67Posted 8/28/2013 8:41:56 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...

Sigh, MS lying to people again....any way to get some type of victory.

How are they lying?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7bessy67Posted 8/28/2013 8:42:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 8/28/2013 8:43:02 AM
Lapanui posted...
Why didn't Sony announce it either? I don't remember Sony actually announcing anything, someone must of come across something. It was approved in July so why didn't we know about it then?

Shhhh don't question the almighty Sony they can do no wrong.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#9LapanuiPosted 8/28/2013 8:43:51 AM
bessy67 posted...
Lapanui posted...
Why didn't Sony announce it either? I don't remember Sony actually announcing anything, someone must of come across something. It wasn't approved until a week ago, why wait a week for us to find out??

Sony didn't announce anything. It was leaked.

This is what I can't understand, people are saying that MS are lying and such, yet Sony never announced it at all. It's only become a big deal ever since it was leaked.

Both consoles were approved sometime in July.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#10zepfyaPosted 8/28/2013 8:45:55 AM
Microsoft is lying about everything, according to the no life Sony fanboys.