Reselling digital games?

#1Bigdaddy422Posted 8/28/2013 8:38:54 AM
I just read that MS might be implementing a system where you can sell your digital games.

If that is true, then i will be going fully digital this generation. No more driving to Gamestop to trade in some games that no longer hold your attention for a new game.

Who else would go all digital if this was true?

Keep in mind auto-switching too, which is included.
#2matt-nicklinPosted 8/28/2013 8:40:43 AM
I would go all digital if it was cheaper by at least 10 and you could pre load ready for release day.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#3Exodus_PrimePosted 8/28/2013 8:40:45 AM
What is auto switching?

To answer question most likely I would. But I would have to keep a few limited edition physical copies :-P
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#4Bigdaddy422(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:48:02 AM
MS already stated that digital games will have preorder bonuses.

Autoswitching is seamlessly switching between games with voice commands or controllers.

Supposedly you can just say "Xbox Play Dead Rising 3, while you finish saving in Ryse or whatever.

I was one to always say i wouldnt buy digital, but this would make me do it.
#5mrshowtime333Posted 8/28/2013 8:58:27 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
I just read that MS might be implementing a system where you can sell your digital games.

If that is true, then i will be going fully digital this generation. No more driving to Gamestop to trade in some games that no longer hold your attention for a new game.

Who else would go all digital if this was true?

Keep in mind auto-switching too, which is included.

I want to be done with discs. Switching game discs is annoying.

Im not sure digital game trade in is still in the works now that DRM policy is different. Im curious how it would work though.
#6Bigdaddy422(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:04:13 AM
Well it makes sense because they see how much gamestop makes. Billions a year or whatever. Now they can cash in on that and help the developers too.

Otherwise people will keep going to gamestop which has no effect for the industry.

So you buy it for 60. Beat it in two weeks. Sell it for 35-40. Buy another 60$ game, and MS takes 20-30 from you again, and takes a share of the reselling im sure.
#7Bigdaddy422(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:05:20 AM
And then they can focus on making games keepable for a month or two, so when you sell it, its worth less. Say $20 or $15.
#8mrshowtime333Posted 8/28/2013 9:35:10 AM
Bigdaddy422 posted...
Well it makes sense because they see how much gamestop makes. Billions a year or whatever. Now they can cash in on that and help the developers too.

Otherwise people will keep going to gamestop which has no effect for the industry.

So you buy it for 60. Beat it in two weeks. Sell it for 35-40. Buy another 60$ game, and MS takes 20-30 from you again, and takes a share of the reselling im sure.

Theres no chance of getting prices that good on a digital "trade in". It cant be resold so theres no way they can give you that much credit.
#9evecharmevePosted 8/28/2013 10:14:05 AM
It will have to be like trading games or selling games to someone directly, it's never work like a middle company like Gamestop is and just all around be a dumb idea because it's not like there is a psychical copy to manage trade or destroy.

It'd be like a developer or a publisher saying " I'll give you 20 dollars to never play my game again."

Maybe someone will get their act together one day and think a developer loyalty program is a much better idea.

"Hey you just bought the last game we made, Want to buy this one to for 10 bucks cheaper and so on and so on."
---
One and only person to ever finish Tank! Tank! Tank!
50 hours wasted.
#10FinzFan4lifePosted 8/28/2013 10:37:46 AM
Supposedly Sony is planning on doing it to, they always copy good ideas.

This isn't a new development they had this planned when we had DRM policies they just had to find away to work around it.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012