Games to buy Digital

#1fuzzykuffsPosted 8/28/2013 12:39:47 PM
I am looking at the games I have preordered and I am rethinking whether or not to buy a physical copy. With my 360 I like being able to load up digital games without switching disks.

I am contemplating Battlefield as a digital order but I need to see what the info released about digital purchases and DLC is at Pax this week.

I also want to see how Battlefield looks on consoles but it sounds like we should see this on Friday.
#2AndrewHDPosted 8/28/2013 1:07:42 PM
I feel the same way, I prefer having games digitally available on the system. I wish the disc versions could allow you to have it both ways.
---
:Inhabitants of Peach Trees, this is Judge Dredd.
#3supermoc10Posted 8/28/2013 1:17:37 PM
I plan on going digital on both consoles. It's just so much more convenient to have all your games in the console itself. Also, the UIs for both platforms really show that digital is the way to go.

Hell, I didn't mind the original X1 policies because I would've been able to collect game boxes and have all my games on the console.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#4IloveElitePosted 8/28/2013 1:56:12 PM
Physical>Digital.

Rows of game boxes look really cool on my shelves, I can see my game collection growing week by week and its a nice feeling to see your collection grow.

Whereas a Full HD looks no nicer than an Empty HD. No thank you.. Physical or no deal for me personally. I have a nice game room, including:- 243 boxed PS2 games, 85 boxes PSX games, 153 boxed Xbox games, 84 boxed Xbox 360 games. it looks cool and nice to see slowly growing.

Digital does nothing for me whatsoever.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, X3TC, Titan Quest Gold
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, GTA V, Diablo 3
#5calibus11Posted 8/28/2013 2:03:19 PM
Digital all the way. All installed, all the time....No disc swapping. No worries about discs not reading or being scratched by your friends or relatives...Possibility to store old games on external hard drives.

I also love the idea of a Digital marketplace and rental service. No waiting in line...just wait to download.
#6x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 8/28/2013 2:06:07 PM
I saw a video where the commentator discusses the PS4 version compared to PC. He said the PS4 version runs at the setting of a medium on a PC basically which is still great looking. We shall see though.
#7regsantotomasPosted 8/28/2013 2:08:08 PM
For me, every game I can possibly buy as digital - I will.

Having owned over 500 games this gen alone; it becomes increasingly impractical and frankly, unnecessary since I don't resell any of my games.

My only concern I'd having the ability to give my license to my family and friends. Hopefully the reimplementation of family sharing will solve that.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#8IloveElitePosted 8/28/2013 2:10:33 PM
calibus11 posted...
Digital all the way. All installed, all the time....No disc swapping. No worries about discs not reading or being scratched by your friends or relatives...Possibility to store old games on external hard drives.

I also love the idea of a Digital marketplace and rental service. No waiting in line...just wait to download.

disc swapping? yeah because it takes sooooooooooo long to take a disc out of a box and slide it into the machine :D

scratched?

a: if you handle discs correctly they will never be scratched or have fingerprints
b: golden rule of mine for a long time now: never, NEVER lend games to 'friends'.

My rows of games look cool.. a stack of HD's look meh.. simple as that.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, X3TC, Titan Quest Gold
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, GTA V, Diablo 3
#9calibus11Posted 8/28/2013 2:16:52 PM
IloveElite posted...
calibus11 posted...

disc swapping? yeah because it takes sooooooooooo long to take a disc out of a box and slide it into the machine :D

scratched?

a: if you handle discs correctly they will never be scratched or have fingerprints
b: golden rule of mine for a long time now: never, NEVER lend games to 'friends'.

My rows of games look cool.. a stack of HD's look meh.. simple as that.

Easy man...just an opinion. I am just not into hoarding or collecting. I own around 40 physical games at any one time, but since digital has started to come into play I haven't bought as many.

Also...Disc swapping is terrible. no bones about it...Mass Effect 3 comes to mind.
#10BudWisenheimerPosted 8/28/2013 2:17:46 PM
All of them ... As far as I'm concerned.