Games to buy Digital

#11BudWisenheimerPosted 8/28/2013 1:22:05 PM
calibus11 posted...
Also...Disc swapping is terrible. no bones about it...Mass Effect 3 comes to mind.

In reality ... we've been swapping discs every time we play a different game. Sometimes 2 or 3 or 4 times in one sitting. Depends on how many new games we bought that day.

I say bring on the new jukebox digital library. Kudos to Sony and MSFT for this.

#12mrshowtime333Posted 8/28/2013 2:04:15 PM
IloveElite posted...
calibus11 posted...
Digital all the way. All installed, all the time....No disc swapping. No worries about discs not reading or being scratched by your friends or relatives...Possibility to store old games on external hard drives.

I also love the idea of a Digital marketplace and rental service. No waiting in line...just wait to download.

disc swapping? yeah because it takes sooooooooooo long to take a disc out of a box and slide it into the machine :D

scratched?

a: if you handle discs correctly they will never be scratched or have fingerprints
b: golden rule of mine for a long time now: never, NEVER lend games to 'friends'.

My rows of games look cool.. a stack of HD's look meh.. simple as that.

Lets be honest with ourselves.... Rows of games do not look cool, they look embarrassing.
#13FinzFan4lifePosted 8/28/2013 6:13:08 PM
mrshowtime333 posted...
IloveElite posted...
calibus11 posted...
Digital all the way. All installed, all the time....No disc swapping. No worries about discs not reading or being scratched by your friends or relatives...Possibility to store old games on external hard drives.

I also love the idea of a Digital marketplace and rental service. No waiting in line...just wait to download.

disc swapping? yeah because it takes sooooooooooo long to take a disc out of a box and slide it into the machine :D

scratched?

a: if you handle discs correctly they will never be scratched or have fingerprints
b: golden rule of mine for a long time now: never, NEVER lend games to 'friends'.

My rows of games look cool.. a stack of HD's look meh.. simple as that.

Lets be honest with ourselves.... Rows of games do not look cool, they look embarrassing.

Exactly nothing says I have no life like a room full of Video games, except action Figures but I am guessing you have shelves of those too.

Digital is better by far being able to seamlessly switch games and not have boxes cluttering up. not saying it is a pain to switch discs but it is nice not having to.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#14JTC87Posted 8/28/2013 6:33:18 PM
I never understood what people thought was so cool about displaying their 500 game collection. All it says is, "Look how much money I wasted and look how much life I don't have" Not to mention that Collector's edition of Halo 3 that you spent $200 doesn't get you laid. It is ok to play video games, but don't display it proudly.

Digital is the way to go, it is the future of gaming.
---
3DS FC: 3136-7588-7220
#15Big FanPosted 8/28/2013 6:44:20 PM
I an on going digital with games I know I want and want to keep forever. Games I'm unsure of ill pick up a physical of
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#16Dev445Posted 8/28/2013 6:44:41 PM
I'm getting all games digital next gen. Instant switching and switching one game and play it while the other game is in a MP lobby kicks ass.

1st day downloads, you can download and play your game while its downloading in the background. Don't have to worry about my Disc drive messing up or snatched Discs. My room don't have to be clustered with video game cases.

Now MS saying that digital games will have preorder bonuses and you can trade in digital games. There's so many benefits about it. I'm never going to retail again.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#17zmousePosted 8/28/2013 6:50:23 PM
calibus11 posted...

That's the best part about digital just preload and wait til it releases no more standing in line at midnight releases, although I have a full time job and can't do that anymore :(
#18DarkHieiPosted 8/28/2013 8:04:41 PM
Quote:calibus11 posted...

That's the best part about digital just preload and wait til it releases no more standing in line at midnight releases, although I have a full time job and can't do that anymore :(

@zmouse
I know Steam does it, but I don't think the X1 lets you preload.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11