if microsoft gave xb1 away for free people would still complain

#1stickyAxDPosted 8/28/2013 1:48:41 PM
its crazy . just play your games and dont watch what I'm doing or buying.
#2Ramsus082Posted 8/28/2013 1:52:57 PM
micheal82
Posted 8/28/2013 2:43:41 PM
message detail

Foppe posted...

If MS was to give it away for free people would still complain about it

A poignant post in the other anti-troll PSA of the day, for sure. Have you tried ignoring them yet? It works for me.
#3stickyAxD(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 2:03:58 PM
Haha yea just dont feed into them huh. I live in NYC and they even troll in the streets.
#4Ramsus082Posted 8/28/2013 2:09:57 PM
There's just been a lot of pent-up resentment from Sony fans. They've gotten used to being essentially second-class citizens as far as gaming was concerned, especially in the west. Previously their console of choice was unarguably dominant, and most of the best games were either exclusive to them or they received a comparable version of it to keep them happy. You have to remember, there was something like 150 million PS2s sold. That's a lot of gamers to make unhappy with the PS3's botched launch, and the long trek back to respectability for the brand. Now that the tables have turned and Microsoft is paying for their hubris just like Sony did, it's hard for a lot of them to resist the urge to be petty and rub it in everyone's faces. It's the gaming's version of the circle of life. Ten years from now, MIcrosoft/Nintendo or whomever will come out of the gates hungry and ready to regain their market position, and it'll start all over again. It always has, and it always will.
#5RagnoraokPosted 8/28/2013 2:14:40 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
There's just been a lot of pent-up resentment from Sony fans. They've gotten used to being essentially second-class citizens as far as gaming was concerned, especially in the west. Previously their console of choice was unarguably dominant, and most of the best games were either exclusive to them or they received a comparable version of it to keep them happy. You have to remember, there was something like 150 million PS2s sold. That's a lot of gamers to make unhappy with the PS3's botched launch, and the long trek back to respectability for the brand. Now that the tables have turned and Microsoft is paying for their hubris just like Sony did, it's hard for a lot of them to resist the urge to be petty and rub it in everyone's faces. It's the gaming's version of the circle of life. Ten years from now, MIcrosoft/Nintendo or whomever will come out of the gates hungry and ready to regain their market position, and it'll start all over again. It always has, and it always will.

^I like this post.

I am kind of confused though, Sony did not win just yet. They are still in a financial crisis, and MS is STILL releasing details making the X1 look better. On top of that, MS had yet to kick start their advertisement campaign. Sony just bought a time up to their inevitable defeat. Look at the features for both consoles, and then each companies' status financially, MS is in this for the long haul while Sony is still riding on the E3 presentation.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#6Ramsus082Posted 8/28/2013 2:22:27 PM(edited)
Ragnoraok posted...
I am kind of confused though, Sony did not win just yet. They are still in a financial crisis, and MS is STILL releasing details making the X1 look better. On top of that, MS had yet to kick start their advertisement campaign. Sony just bought a time up to their inevitable defeat. Look at the features for both consoles, and then each companies' status financially, MS is in this for the long haul while Sony is still riding on the E3 presentation.

Sony is riding better hardware at a lower price, and personally I feel that alone would have been enough to ensure the #1 market position even if the Xbox brand hasn't been tarnished. Regardless of how either of these companies are doing as a whole, they each have budgets allotted just for their gaming divisions, and whether Sony goes out of business or Microsoft sells off theirs, their gaming divisions are probably going to keep on churning out new hardware and developers will keep making games for it.

*EDIT...and regardless of who their parent companies of their gaming brands happen to be.
#7HENTAIDOJIPosted 8/28/2013 2:22:13 PM
"No. Something given has no basis in value. - Jean Rasczak" - HENTAIDOJI
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#8SilentS89Posted 8/28/2013 2:22:52 PM
I wouldn't accept a free XB1 with pre-180 DRM or mandatory Kinect.

Price is irrelevant to my concerns about those issues.
#9RagnoraokPosted 8/28/2013 2:36:56 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Ragnoraok posted...

Sony is riding better hardware at a lower price, and personally I feel that alone would have been enough to ensure the #1 market position even if the Xbox brand hasn't been tarnished. Regardless of how either of these companies are doing as a whole, they each have budgets allotted just for their gaming divisions, and whether Sony goes out of business or Microsoft sells off theirs, their gaming divisions are probably going to keep on churning out new hardware and developers will keep making games for it.

*EDIT...and regardless of who their parent companies of their gaming brands happen to be.

Think about what you said....better hard ware at cheaper prices=selling consoles at a loss for Sony. How is that better? Plus, the X1 has more features, which will ensure that anyone who is not a diehard fanboy(casual fanbase) will eat this up.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#10Kuro-chan_101Posted 8/28/2013 2:48:11 PM
I wonder if I could use it to toast marshmallows with, or something equally useful...?
---
~ Kuro-chan.
I love my older consoles! <33