Scrap Kinect

#61XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/29/2013 10:57:46 AM
Gotenksgeto posted...
I believe most of the people that are against Kinect are thinking in incredibly limited fashions.

First of all, it's not the first Kinect. It's a new, upgraded version. Think of your middle-school girlfriend/boyfriend compared to your soul mate or spouse. There's really no comparison between the two.

There're also people saying that Kinect only had some crappy sports and dance games. That's entirely because it was optional. There were normal games that had enhanced Kinect features, which were very well employed. With it being mandatory in each package, there's no reason for developers not to take advantage of it and add a ****load of features that would be impossible without Kinect.

Effectively, it's going to become so that if you're playing any given game on Xbox One, you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't use the Kinect. And any game made that doesn't use Kinect features will be considered poorly done and bashed for refusal of the Kinect (although I highly doubt this will happen).

Imagine you need to get to a menu and select something. Getting there takes maybe five seconds. Just say the damn command and it happens in about two seconds. That may not seem like much, but if you game a lot, it adds up pretty quickly.

People really just need to think outside the box, which is exactly what Microsoft is trying to do.

I don't need to do anything its my damn money, i play games to play a game not to wave my damn hands or shout at my system. I have a Wii every game i own allows controller use i DON'T WANT TO USE MOTION, i don't need to and i don't want to. Let me game how i want to don't force me to game how you want and don't tell me that i need to think out of the box when that stuff doesn't mean anything to me.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#62AsylumXperimentPosted 8/29/2013 1:10:13 PM
Gotenksgeto posted...
I believe most of the people that are against Kinect are thinking in incredibly limited fashions.

First of all, it's not the first Kinect. It's a new, upgraded version. Think of your middle-school girlfriend/boyfriend compared to your soul mate or spouse. There's really no comparison between the two.

There're also people saying that Kinect only had some crappy sports and dance games. That's entirely because it was optional. There were normal games that had enhanced Kinect features, which were very well employed. With it being mandatory in each package, there's no reason for developers not to take advantage of it and add a ****load of features that would be impossible without Kinect.

Effectively, it's going to become so that if you're playing any given game on Xbox One, you'll be at a disadvantage if you don't use the Kinect. And any game made that doesn't use Kinect features will be considered poorly done and bashed for refusal of the Kinect (although I highly doubt this will happen).

Imagine you need to get to a menu and select something. Getting there takes maybe five seconds. Just say the damn command and it happens in about two seconds. That may not seem like much, but if you game a lot, it adds up pretty quickly.

People really just need to think outside the box, which is exactly what Microsoft is trying to do.

No matter which way you look at it there are people that want the Kinect and people that don't. Offering the best of both worlds makes the most sense in order to please everyone. Instead Microsoft would rather force it on everyone instead of looking like ill informed suits that thought they new what people wanted. As far as thinking outside the box and innovation please tell me one way the Kinect can improve my gaming experience outside of turning my tv channels which I don't find too demanding in the first place.
---
Whatever you do, don't blink.
#63XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/29/2013 5:53:38 PM
AsylumXperiment posted...
Gotenksgeto posted...

No matter which way you look at it there are people that want the Kinect and people that don't. Offering the best of both worlds makes the most sense in order to please everyone. Instead Microsoft would rather force it on everyone instead of looking like ill informed suits that thought they new what people wanted. As far as thinking outside the box and innovation please tell me one way the Kinect can improve my gaming experience outside of turning my tv channels which I don't find too demanding in the first place.

It makes the most sens to cater to both crowds, you keep hearing these Kinect lovers stating that MS has to keep it included to force developers to utilize the damn device, well why doesn't MS give incentives to developer who use it. Why are the consumers and developers being forced on this stupid device. GIVE US REASONS TO WANT IT AND UTILIZE IT!!!!
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#64gogogodzillaPosted 8/29/2013 6:16:34 PM
Raycon posted...
TYWlN_LANNISTER posted...
He's the one they call Dr. Feelgood... he's the one that makes you feel alright!

That's false advertisement. If I wanted to feel alright, I'd call Dr. FeelAlright!

>= (

It's the refrain from Motley Crue's song 'Dr. Feelgood'.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"
#65GotenksgetoPosted 8/29/2013 6:58:35 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Gotenksgeto posted...

I don't need to do anything its my damn money, i play games to play a game not to wave my damn hands or shout at my system. I have a Wii every game i own allows controller use i DON'T WANT TO USE MOTION, i don't need to and i don't want to. Let me game how i want to don't force me to game how you want and don't tell me that i need to think out of the box when that stuff doesn't mean anything to me.

Why does everyone think that they need to "shout' to the Kinect? You can just speak in a normal tone. And you don't necessarily have to "wave" your hands. That's all the one-dimensional thinking I was talking about, so thanks for proving my point.

I'm actually curious, now. Do a majority of people actually think that you have to shout for it to work?
---
This sig will not change until something impossible happens. Started 10/9/05
Brawl FC: 2363-5458-1028 GamerTag/Wii Name/PSN: KNEVER
#66GotenksgetoPosted 8/29/2013 7:04:18 PM
Gotenksgeto posted...

Imagine if Nintendo sold the Wii U controller separately, not included in the system (since many Wii U games work fin with the Wiimote). If you can't imagine that, it'd be chaos, in much the same way selling the Xbox One without Kinect would be.

Innovation? How about a horror game where you escape danger and think you're safe, but when Kinect senses that your pulse has reached normal levels, it'll scare the bajeesus out of you by having your head explode, and then realize it was just an illusion.

It's really not that hard to come up with this stuff.
---
#67XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/29/2013 7:09:34 PM
Gotenksgeto posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Gotenksgeto posted...

Why does everyone think that they need to "shout' to the Kinect? You can just speak in a normal tone. And you don't necessarily have to "wave" your hands. That's all the one-dimensional thinking I was talking about, so thanks for proving my point.

I'm actually curious, now. Do a majority of people actually think that you have to shout for it to work?

Regardless though the point is i don't want to or need to talk to my system same with control i don't want or need to control my games with Kinect i just want to pick a controller relax and play. There was never anything wrong with that and there never will be anything wrong with it, how about instead of attacking people for being "one dimensional" you stop trying to change how people want to game.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#68GotenksgetoPosted 8/29/2013 7:23:54 PM
Video games have been around a long time, and technology is growing exponentially. In time, controllers will be a thing of the past, and games will be controlled entirely by our thoughts with absolutely zero physical exertion other than our brain impulses.

How steadfast are you going to stick to this notion that a game must be played with a controller, and absolutely nothing else? You may as well take out rumble, analogue input, saving, codes, multiplayer, hi-def graphics, and every other improvement made since games started becoming a part of our lives.

I can just imagine you at 90, scoffing at kids with their new VR sets, calling it crap and saying that "real gaming" was back in the 2010's. Anything after 2020 is garbage, eh?
---
#69NerdimusPrimePosted 8/29/2013 7:43:50 PM
Gotenksgeto posted...
Gotenksgeto posted...

Imagine if Nintendo sold the Wii U controller separately, not included in the system (since many Wii U games work fin with the Wiimote). If you can't imagine that, it'd be chaos, in much the same way selling the Xbox One without Kinect would be.

Innovation? How about a horror game where you escape danger and think you're safe, but when Kinect senses that your pulse has reached normal levels, it'll scare the bajeesus out of you by having your head explode, and then realize it was just an illusion.

It's really not that hard to come up with this stuff.

Controller analogy is false since Kinect isn't the primary control method. It is an extraneous accessory by design, they simply tried to convince people it was an integral component. I do agree it has potential, but comparing it to the Gamepad is faulty logic.
---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
#70XtremeWRATH360Posted 8/29/2013 7:51:10 PM
Gotenksgeto posted...
Video games have been around a long time, and technology is growing exponentially. In time, controllers will be a thing of the past, and games will be controlled entirely by our thoughts with absolutely zero physical exertion other than our brain impulses.

How steadfast are you going to stick to this notion that a game must be played with a controller, and absolutely nothing else? You may as well take out rumble, analogue input, saving, codes, multiplayer, hi-def graphics, and every other improvement made since games started becoming a part of our lives.

I can just imagine you at 90, scoffing at kids with their new VR sets, calling it crap and saying that "real gaming" was back in the 2010's. Anything after 2020 is garbage, eh?

Difference is those all came with the systems/controllers at no additional cost. With Kinect im being forced to spend extra money on something i don't want. Why can't i just decide on my own if i want to use Kinect.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag