Is the Xbox one out cry real?

#1ReggieBush09Posted 8/28/2013 5:39:35 PM
or has everyone just turned their back on MS?

or has fanboyism been taken to a deeper darker level never before seen in a console war.

I heard about the used games hub bub and always online.

but what I don't get is my xbox 360 is always online when I connect to have the live aware feature on so that really didn't bother me but it seemed like it bothered a whole lotta people

and the used games stuff? meh I would still buy new if I had too.

the price? yeah 500 is a lot of money but PS3 was 599 and nobody said nothing then there was even a fight here in fresno because a lot of people wanted a ps3 for 599.

It just sucks that if you post a pro xbox one message anywhere online you will be mocked made fun of and insulted.

Tough world to be a xbox one fan am I right?
---
I'm not the real reggie Bush aka beast.
#2krazykiwikidPosted 8/28/2013 5:42:24 PM
...... What?!
#3FinzFan4lifePosted 8/28/2013 5:44:08 PM
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#4lilj812Posted 8/28/2013 5:50:17 PM
I don't know but if you are buying an xbox one you are doing the video game industry as a whole a HUGE disservice.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#5Ramsus082Posted 8/28/2013 5:51:39 PM
Lots of Sony fans want to overhype Microsoft's struggles and make it out to be the end of the world, and lots of Microsoft gamers want to downplay it and claim it's just on the Internet that the console has a bad rep. I don't know. Pre-order numbers are out and they aren't pretty, but I guess you could spin this and say that it's not accurate. Right now, industry enthusiasm is firmly on one side though. We'll see if this changes after launch.
#6Ramsus082Posted 8/28/2013 6:02:42 PM
the price? yeah 500 is a lot of money but PS3 was 599 and nobody said nothing then there was even a fight here in fresno because a lot of people wanted a ps3 for 599.

Sony went from having the undisputed console leader of it's generation with the PS2, to failing to sell even half of what they did with the PS3(160 million compared to about 75 mil) and essentially handing over half their fanbase to Microsoft, and mostly on account of it's pricing and lesser gaming performance early on. Microsoft will have those same problems Sony had, but without the benefit of 160 million+ unit buffer to absorb the migration of gamers to their competitor. They sold about half of that with the X360 as well. It's not looking great so far, even if the Xbox brand was still "cool" with consumers. But now they have an image problem too, and there's a large sect of gamers that are turned off from the brand and wouldn't buy an XboxOne out of spite.
#7vgsrulePosted 8/28/2013 6:30:09 PM
or has everyone just turned their back on MS?

It's real, and it has it's reasons. It's not a fanboy things, there are legitimate reasons. Explore the internet, the hate for the One is widespread.

or has fanboyism been taken to a deeper darker level never before seen in a console war.

I guarantee you, it's not fanboyism. I mean, that's around, sure, but it's not what caused this controversy.

I heard about the used games hub bub and always online.

but what I don't get is my xbox 360 is always online when I connect to have the live aware feature on so that really didn't bother me but it seemed like it bothered a whole lotta people

The 360 is not always online. It's beneficial to be online, but you don't have to be

The problem with the One, though it's been changed now, is that you had to be online. You could literally not play the console without an internet connection. Therefore, if you were somewhere without high-speed internet access, the system would not work.

and the used games stuff? meh I would still buy new if I had too.

Alright, but many don't. The used market is the norm for pretty much all markets, not just games, and the complaints against it are just game companies wanting to retain their profits without reducing the budget on their own end.

There's also evidence the used game market is beneficial in the long run.

And above all else, it's basically screwing over the customer entirely for the company's own benefit.

Dude, there was a LOT of outrage for the PS3 being $600. It even led it off to a slow start in the console war.

But basically, when a person has little reason to get the One over a PS4, the extra $100 is a pretty big decision maker.

It just sucks that if you post a pro xbox one message anywhere online you will be mocked made fun of and insulted.

If you legitimately just want to discuss the One, then yes, it is unfortunate. But if you specifically defend it, expect responses from the opposite side.

Tough world to be a xbox one fan am I right?

Not really. Brand loyalty is stupid.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#8Thewinner14Posted 8/28/2013 6:31:57 PM
I feel like the xb1 may be the Vista of game consoles: no matter what ms does the image that it's crap is going to remain.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#9TinyTim123Posted 8/28/2013 6:32:06 PM
My 360 is hardly ever online. I just don't play online much. I am part of the Family plan with my brother, because sometimes we will play Borderlands 2 or the Castlevania on the Arcade together on our own TVs.

I don't tend to buy used games, but I have been known to give my games away.

I have a total of three people on my XBox Live friends list, and two of those are people on our Family Plan. That I can only give my games to someone who has been on my friend's list for a month? That is patently ridiculous.

Microsoft has done away with all of those policies, which is a step in the right direction. Of course, there's the whole focus on TV! Sports!

I don't even have a cable TV subscription. I don't watch TV. Likewise, I don't watch sports, outside of getting together for the Super Bowl with some good friends and barbecuing food, and hanging out all day.

All the integrated social features? Meaningless to me. Worse, worthless. I am not going to skype with the three other people on my XBox live friends list. I'll call them if I need to speak with them.

However, of the next gen games I ahve seen, Microsoft's XBox One has the only games I care even remotely about. Sony first party has never impressed me, but neither has Microsoft's, since I don't care about Halo, or Gears of War or Uncharted or God of War or whatever else either of them have.

So I think a lot of people have a lot of reservations about Microsoft now, and I don't blame them. For me, it's all about the games, and Microsoft has what I wish to play, but at the same time, they are taking the console ina direction that I don't wish to go.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by "Out cry real". Could you explain it in a way I can understand?
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#10SunDevil77Posted 8/28/2013 6:32:32 PM
lilj812 posted...
I don't know but if you are buying an xbox one you are doing the video game industry as a whole a HUGE disservice.

Oh, stuff it with that s***
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539