Any word on if Minecraft is a launch game?Are hands being tied to 1 launch date?

#1DEMONPANDA212Posted 8/28/2013 8:05:32 PM
I apologise for the long message, but would appreciate it if anyone can give me an answer.

To explain... My brother and his mates are all getting One's because MC is all they play and even though they all play it on P.C too, they prefer the 360 version (no idea why).

I begged my brother to tell his mates to hold off committing to any system before all the facts were in, because I knew it was making the jump to all systems, simply because of the way it was all worded at E3. So I knew all that would really matter is which version will launch first.

Now, I see that MC may not be a One launch game, but will be a PS4 launch game, thus proving my advice to be something they shouldn't have brushed off.

So now they're now all freaking out that they're going to be left behind if they don't all get PS4's instead.

So before they change yet again, I said I'd look into it and after many an hour on google, I can't find anything conclusive saying if it will, or won't be a launch title on One, which brings me back to my title, is it looking to anyone else, like they will have it ready for launch, but they can't say because they don't know when the launch is themselves?

Also, this is mainly for me, is it all the same game? Or is one version getting something that the others aren't? Because I'd imagine they'll be happy waiting if it turns out that MC One is getting a new block type or something that PS4 isn't.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 8/28/2013 8:16:32 PM
Yeah, it was a really odd one considering there was a whole exclusivity agreement with Mojang and how at E3 they announced the Minecraft Xbox One Edition. Then randomly at Gamescom Sony's all like, "oh yeah, Minecraft is coming out"

As far as I can find Xbox One edition doesn't even have a possible release year announced...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/28/2013 8:25:09 PM
I think the Xbox One version will end up having some exclusive content too it. Sony seemed to just brush it off with their announcement, like it was nothing. So quite frankly I do not trust it. Just my opinion.
#4DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:27:48 PM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...
Yeah, it was a really odd one considering there was a whole exclusivity agreement with Mojang and how at E3 they announced the Minecraft Xbox One Edition. Then randomly at Gamescom Sony's all like, "oh yeah, Minecraft is coming out"

As far as I can find Xbox One edition doesn't even have a possible release year announced...

Yup.

Console bashing aside, I just want my brother to get the console he wants and will enjoy, would I prefer him to get a PS4? Yes, because me, our older brother and a guy who might as well be our other brother, is getting one and we have had a blast over the years on Gears, Castle Crashers etc... So Destiny, BF4, Killzone etc... Would be awesome bonding time too I'd imagine.

But, all his same age mates all play MC and it has now became more than the odd hour of the odd day, they really do spend hours just making and making and making. So if the One will deliver the best MC experience, then I know he's going to go One every time as will all his mates.

So I'm just trying to find out which will be the best bet really.

As I say, at least if the One version was say, 2014 to the PS4's 2013 release, but it had modes, worlds, mods or anything extra that would really deepen the experience, like if MC One was essentially MC2 while MC PS4 was a port of the 360 edition, then I'm sure they'd be happy waiting.

INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
I think the Xbox One version will end up having some exclusive content too it. Sony seemed to just brush it off with their announcement, like it was nothing. So quite frankly I do not trust it. Just my opinion.

Hey, it still helps, so I'm glad for the reply :)

I wish they'd have just gave more details or shown some footage or something. I know they're a small indie dev, but they have more money than most big companies, so I refuse to believe that this is a 2 bit operation like they're trying to make it seem. There's keeping someone in the dark, then there's pushing them into a tar pit.
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 8/28/2013 8:29:51 PM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Yup.

Console bashing aside, I just want my brother to get the console he wants and will enjoy, would I prefer him to get a PS4? Yes, because me, our older brother and a guy who might as well be our other brother, is getting one and we have had a blast over the years on Gears, Castle Crashers etc... So Destiny, BF4, Killzone etc... Would be awesome bonding time too I'd imagine.

But, all his same age mates all play MC and it has now became more than the odd hour of the odd day, they really do spend hours just making and making and making. So if the One will deliver the best MC experience, then I know he's going to go One every time as will all his mates.

As I say, at least if the One version was say, 2014 to the PS4's 2013 release, but it had modes, worlds, mods or anything extra that would really deepen the experience, like if MC One was essentially MC2 while MC PS4 was a port of the 360 edition, then I'm sure they'd be happy waiting.

As far as I know there isn't as Minecraft 2... Also from what I've read, PS4 Edition and Xbox One edition are going to be the same game. Neither console allows for mods.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:35:09 PM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Yup.

As far as I know there isn't as Minecraft 2... Also from what I've read, PS4 Edition and Xbox One edition are going to be the same game. Neither console allows for mods.

I know, I was just using them as examples. I don't know much about the game as I find it a waste of time myself, so I know very little about the whole process. So I was just trying in my own way to describe what I would class as it being more than just a mild upgrade. Like Dead Rising 2 OTR, it's more than DR2, but it isn't DR3.

So I was just meaning would one version have anything over the other. Which is why I now thank you for clarifying that both versions are said to be the same, again, this will help greatly :)
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
#7Orange_ApplesPosted 8/28/2013 8:40:21 PM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
But thank you for clarifying that both versions are said to be the same, again, this will help greatly :)

Well, don't take my word as law on this. my sources are
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/PlayStation_4_Edition
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xbox_One_Edition

Then again, it is Minecraft. There isn't a whole lot of room for gameplay variety. The only thing I can think of that the XB1 version has over the PS4 version is that word on the street says there will be an option to copy your 360 world into the XB1 map and get an expanded space so you don't lose any of the stuff you have created.
---
PC + Nintendo
#8INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/28/2013 8:44:49 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
But thank you for clarifying that both versions are said to be the same, again, this will help greatly :)

Then again, it is Minecraft. There isn't a whole lot of room for gameplay variety. The only thing I can think of that the XB1 version has over the PS4 version is that word on the street says there will be an option to copy your 360 world into the XB1 map and get an expanded space so you don't lose any of the stuff you have created.

Not disagreeing with you, however I think it will be more than that. There is no reason Xbox One should not be able to use this as a launch title, unless the Minecraft devs are changing it somehow. All minecraft would need is basically an HD texture pack and a few of the PC features added to it to make it worthy of a next gen release. HOWEVER, seeing as Minecraft sold a TON of games on Xbox Live, there is no way they would FINISH it for Sony first.

Therefore I really do think there may be more of a difference, IF Minecraft for Xbox One is not released at launch.
#9DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 8:52:52 PM(edited)
Orange_Apples posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

I know, at the moment no one truly knows, but at least you don't seem like a crazy person plucking things magically from the sky, especially since you've now provided me with links :)

At the end of the day, I warned him, he didn't listen, now all I can do is tell him of all the info I've discovered and tell him that THEY have to make the call, QUICKLY, then stick with it and don't whinge if they pick the wrong horse.

INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

Not disagreeing with you, however I think it will be more than that. There is no reason Xbox One should not be able to use this as a launch title, unless the Minecraft devs are changing it somehow. All minecraft would need is basically an HD texture pack and a few of the PC features added to it to make it worthy of a next gen release. HOWEVER, seeing as Minecraft sold a TON of games on Xbox Live, there is no way they would FINISH it for Sony first.

Therefore I really do think there may be more of a difference, IF Minecraft for Xbox One is not released at launch.

Well again, I know very little of MC, but other than making it just like the P.C version, which the differences aren't as sparse anymore, (from what they tell me) then I don't see what they can really add other than skins or unique colours or something, that could make one version stand out from the other drastically, like a new element or block type or something.

It's not like a fighter where you can have a Spartan in D.O.A or Vader/Link/Heihachi in Soul Calibur.

---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
#10INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/28/2013 8:55:11 PM
Considering what Minecraft is, a new block would probably be a pretty big deal. LOL