Any word on if Minecraft is a launch game?Are hands being tied to 1 launch date?

#11INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/28/2013 8:58:40 PM
Hmmm....just thought of what could be the delay. Possibly Kinect features? So I am going to say if you are not into Kinect or your friend's are not, just get the Ps4.
#12Orange_ApplesPosted 8/28/2013 9:01:16 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
Considering what Minecraft is, a new block would probably be a pretty big deal. LOL

Does the PC version have a new block type that's not in the 360 version?

I suppose XB1 version could have horses and the PS4 version doesn't but we don't know at this time...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#13INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/28/2013 9:03:33 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
Considering what Minecraft is, a new block would probably be a pretty big deal. LOL

I suppose XB1 version could have horses and the PS4 version doesn't but we don't know at this time...

Just guesstimation. Both could be entirely the same, hell if I know. I just do not know why Microsoft would delay it, if its not something differen't.
#14DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:03:54 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

Yeah, that's what I was saying, anything apart from that, would be minor.

Orange_Apples posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

Who needs horses when you can ride flying pigs? At least, I assume that's what the achievement is for XD
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
3DS (Zelda) 2320-6650-1378
#15capnhowdy18Posted 8/28/2013 9:42:23 PM
My guesses is that the version will be mostly identical. Examiner says that all version are being developed by 4J Studios, the guys responsible for the Xbox 360 version. There was talk originally of Kinect controls for the 360 version that never surfaced, its possible they could make their way to the One.

The only other tidbit though is that 4JStudios did tweet something about looking into copying your 360 save into the Xbox One minecraft. I find it odd that after such a deal with MS that they would let it come to Sony's system first unless there was a plan for additional features though. This is all guess work.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56395/minecraft-xbox-one-is-a-brand-new-experience-says-microsofts-spencer/
#16DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:53:21 PM
capnhowdy18 posted...
My guesses is that the version will be mostly identical. Examiner says that all version are being developed by 4J Studios, the guys responsible for the Xbox 360 version. There was talk originally of Kinect controls for the 360 version that never surfaced, its possible they could make their way to the One.

The only other tidbit though is that 4JStudios did tweet something about looking into copying your 360 save into the Xbox One minecraft. I find it odd that after such a deal with MS that they would let it come to Sony's system first unless there was a plan for additional features though. This is all guess work.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56395/minecraft-xbox-one-is-a-brand-new-experience-says-microsofts-spencer/

Cheers for the link, again, it's all info that can hopefully help them decide :)
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855
#17AwayFromHerePosted 8/28/2013 11:10:50 PM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

Who needs horses when you can ride flying pigs? At least, I assume that's what the achievement is for XD

That's for riding a pig off a cliff.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#18FoppePosted 8/28/2013 11:16:21 PM
>not a launch game
>being afraid of being left behind

*facepalm*
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#19DEMONPANDA212(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 8:10:23 AM(edited)
AwayFromHere posted...
DEMONPANDA212 posted...

That's for riding a pig off a cliff.

Ah, ok then, maybe they do need horses, lol. Either way it's all info I can let them know :)

Foppe posted...
>not a launch game
>being afraid of being left behind

*facepalm*

>not a launch game on XBOX One
>afraid of being left behind in the MC community by choosing the wrong console as it IS a launch game on PS4
>Unable to comprehend this or read a simple statement

*facepalm*
---
3DS (XL) 4854-6425-2855