Why do people think ms going digital benifits users?

#1sanas_thirituPosted 8/28/2013 9:43:07 PM
You cannot judge a company by what they promise in the future, but with what they have done in the past. And ms track record with digital games isnt great.
The games on demand that they had never drop in price. Infact,
- sony has a better track record with digital games due to their free games of the month and reduced prices.
- used games at your local retailers are far more reasonably priced than that games on demand that MS has been, offering.

Am i missing something here? Why are so many would be xbone adopters planning to go all digital? How did they conclude Ms would give them great deals in the future knowing that this same Ms never gave any digital deals in the past?
---
The purpose of my life is to play games. Its the reason I even work.
#2Decimator11Posted 8/28/2013 9:46:02 PM
Because of the advantages that come with it.

And I never sell my games back, and I generally don't buy used, as I do my research on games I want and only buy them if I feel that they're a sure thing.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#3FoppePosted 8/28/2013 9:46:34 PM
If it was that simple, then nobody would buy any Bethesda games at all.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:51:44 PM
I mean, going by the past, you can guarentee that MS will charge you more for their digital games than the real physical copies. You'd pay more for some gimmiky benefits with the same game?
---
#5pigman2003Posted 8/28/2013 9:54:10 PM
sanas_thiritu posted...
You cannot judge a company by what they promise in the future, but with what they have done in the past. And ms track record with digital games isnt great.
- sony has a better track record with digital games due to their free games of the month and reduced prices.
- used games at your local retailers are far more reasonably priced than that games on demand that MS has been, offering.

Am i missing something here? Why are so many would be xbone adopters planning to go all digital? How did they conclude Ms would give them great deals in the future knowing that this same Ms never gave any digital deals in the past?

So I guess Sony is still going to have crap online as well as terrible product support, good to know.
#6FinzFan4lifePosted 8/28/2013 9:55:27 PM
sanas_thiritu posted...

I am going digital for instant switching the digital store that lets me sale back the game if I don't want it,

Sony's games they give away suck and 90% of people already done playing it.

I honestly believe Xbox one will continue games for gold and give better games plus, they are gonna be reimplementing Family share which is awesome and blows Sonys' Free games out of water
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#7Decimator11Posted 8/28/2013 9:55:56 PM
sanas_thiritu posted...
I mean, going by the past, you can guarentee that MS will charge you more for their digital games than the real physical copies. You'd pay more for some gimmiky benefits with the same game?

Not on new games. And like the other guys said, if we judged everyone on their pasts, no one would get anywhere. We all have skeletons in our closet and mistakes we've made.
---
#8sanas_thiritu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2013 9:56:17 PM
Decimator11 posted...
Because of the advantages that come with it.

And I never sell my games back, and I generally don't buy used, as I do my research on games I want and only buy them if I feel that they're a sure thing.

fair enough. But lets consider that you're planning on buying a game that came out 6 months ago. Ms digital would charge you full price for the game as opposed to the retail copy which would have dropped in price. Would you still buy digital then?
---
#9Decimator11Posted 8/28/2013 9:56:22 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
sanas_thiritu posted...

I am going digital for instant switching the digital store that lets me sale back the game if I don't want it,

Sony's games they give away suck and 90% of people already done playing it.

I honestly believe Xbox one will continue games for gold and give better games plus, they are gonna be reimplementing Family share which is awesome and blows Sonys' Free games out of water

There is no digital store. At least not yet.
---
#10FoppePosted 8/28/2013 9:57:12 PM
If we go by history, then nobody would dare to put up a fight against Nintendo after the Nes.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC