Unsupported countries

#1torey_caylorPosted 8/29/2013 2:51:45 AM(edited)
Are we going to be able to use the console or not? MS has done so many 180's, i don't even want to google for info. I know games are supposed to be region free. I'm thinking of pre ordering from UK, already reserved day 1 edition.

I'm normally a PS fan, but because of Titanfall, timed DLC exclusives and guaranteed dedi server support for all third party games by MS i'm considering switching to X1 for my online enjoyment.
---
If I offended you, you needed it!
#2Spetsnaz420Posted 8/29/2013 2:55:18 AM
The only problem you may face is not being able to use it without the day one patch...if your in an unsupported region you may be SOL
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#3HypnoCooshPosted 8/29/2013 3:01:47 AM
Titanfall might be a timed exclusive see link below. So you could always get a PS4 at launch as those are launching in 32 countries around the world!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/ea-hints-at-titanfall-on-playstation-4-3940031/
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#4SORS_IMMANISPosted 8/29/2013 3:39:04 AM
It's obviously a timed-exclusive. Only truly desperate Xbots try and claim otherwise.

Microsoft bought timed exclusivity with a LOT of money and free access to their servers for multiplayer. On the condition that the timed exclusivity couldn't be made public. No telling for sure how long it will be for, but if it's longer than 6 months, I would be exceptionally surprised.
#5DeadLock25Posted 8/29/2013 3:43:08 AM
They confirmed that you can download the patch and be able to play disk based games in non supported countries if you import, due to no region locking.

You just wont have access to the online store from what I understand. I dont have time to find the source.

Also google is a much more reliable source than gamefaqs.
---
GT: DeadLock25
#6bessy67Posted 8/29/2013 4:13:32 AM
Even from non-supported countries you can select a supported country during initial setup and have access to Live. Consoles, games and DLC are not region locked. In order to access the marketplace you have to have a valid method of payment for the country you selected, but chances are you'll be able to purchase pre-paid cards to buy things.

And Titanfall is only being made for Xbox and PC.

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/350028127424086016
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67