XB1/PS4 Launch Games are a joke.

#1Cha0sFinalePosted 8/29/2013 10:59:01 AM
Seriously.

And before any of you go on to say, "lolol Nintendrone", Wii U's launch sucked as well. I'm not disputing that.

Most of the games in their launch windows are sports/shooters that are also being released on current-gen consoles. You'd think Microsoft and Sony would go out their way to make sure there would be more original titles in their launch to make a purchase seem more rewarding.

I look at both systems launch titles and think to myself, "I could save hundreds of dollars by just playing these games on my systems I have now."

Not to mention the inevitable price drop *cough Wii U Deluxe cough*. Don't get me wrong, I'll eventually get one a year or two down the line when there's actual games for it. Just find it hard to believe that most of the games being released at launch are current-gen games.

TLDR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rIJmGj4g-s
#2BelberithPosted 8/29/2013 11:00:50 AM
Oh yeah no denying that, but what was the last good console launch? The OG Xbox, and by that time PS2 actually had games so yeah.

Really you don't buy these consoles for the launch games, you buy them for the games you know and love that you expect to come.
#3METALINGUS5150Posted 8/29/2013 11:02:27 AM
They're good enough to where going into next gen gaming, you don't have to worry about there being nothing to play or no one to play with online.
#4teehee23Posted 8/29/2013 11:05:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5matt-nicklinPosted 8/29/2013 11:20:05 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
They're good enough to where going into next gen gaming, you don't have to worry about there being nothing to play or no one to play with online.

This basically, you know it will have games but at the same time most of them are available on current gen.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#6Excal1burPosted 8/29/2013 11:21:46 AM
I love the Xbox one launch now the PS4 launch is a joke.
#7HypnoCooshPosted 8/29/2013 11:23:06 AM
teehee23 posted...
that's a fact, imo.

Huh o_O
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#8INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/29/2013 11:25:19 AM
Know what else is a joke? YOUR FACE!

.....>_>

No but for real, X1 launch line up looks decent. Not too keen on Ps4's, but Killzone looks fun.
#9darkphiresagePosted 8/29/2013 11:26:20 AM
agreed on the launch games being terrible tc. but I'm not getting the ps4 for launch games. I'm getting it because I expect it to have the best offerings from eastern and western devs like they have for the last 3 gens.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#10sworderPosted 8/29/2013 11:35:17 AM
Wii U is getting a price drop because it's overpriced. Nintendo ripped off their customers. They are using super cheap tech

PS4 with GDDR5 + superior specs and Xbone with Kinect will probably take longer for a price drop IMO