Whats stopping MS from offering the same service as PS+?

#31SaintFC_Posted 8/29/2013 10:26:49 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I feel bad for people who want things they can't have this badly. Its nice to not have to choose.

I take it you have a good job then?
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#32Spetsnaz420Posted 8/29/2013 10:30:55 PM
WartPig_ posted...
hardknock55 posted...
Viet0ne posted...
bessy67 posted...
MS decided to take their money from online subscriptions and create a huge online infrastructure. Sony decided to take their money from online subscriptions and create a game rental service.

Considering the PS3 had more games with dedicated servers than the Xbox360, this statement is already false.

this.

almost every first party game on the 360 is P2P
almost every Sony first party game has dedicated servers even for the VITA

I am assuming you guys can't afford two consoles because this is some desperate rationalizing. We already know that Dedicated servers is one of MS's new focus that is being CHANGED from the 360 situation. We already know that CoD has dedicated on XB1 while not on PS4. We also have seen that Killzone will be P2P while Forza is going to be dedicated.

I feel bad for people who want things they can't have this badly. Its nice to not have to choose.

As for the topic, I am not a fan of free games. Most are junk or otherwise games I would have played already if I wanted to. If you ask me whether I want that money to go to free old games or having dedicated servers and better infrastructure then its a no brainer. If I am a budget consumer who wait for everything I might feel PS+ is a better deal and hope that whatever game I want to play will be free or on sale in a few years.

As for what happened to the XBL money, I'm pretty sure its gone to buying band aids for the failing Xbox brand which has lost $6 billion dollars. I have no idea why some idiots here thinks its going to the CEOs. The CEOs are pretty much paying to keep the Xbox afloat at this point. Considering 90% of PSN is just poor copies of XBL features, we know that money has gone into R&D and improving the service.

We know PS4 won't have dedicated servers for ghosts now? Care to back that statement up?
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#33DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/29/2013 10:35:31 PM(edited)
SaintFC_ posted...

I don't know if you need a "good job" to afford $900 worth of hardware over the course of a year or two. Its not meant to be an insult, it just the reality is that most people who are so committed to a product often can't afford opposing products that they desire and those are usually people who live at home with their parents. I know a lot of people here do but they don't admit it.

I'm not saying $900 isn't a lot of money. But if gaming is a big hobby for you (and it should be if you are arguing on gaming forums) then its not a lot.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#34SaintFC_Posted 8/29/2013 10:35:51 PM
SaintFC_ posted...

I don't know if you need a "good job" to afford $900 worth of hardware over the course of a year or two.

So you don't have children or own your own home then, well that explains why it's easy for you to buy two consoles.

Just because you can afford two doesn't mean everyone can and you shouldn't judge people just because they are only buying one.

It's easy when you're living with your parents still.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#35PIaystationWonPosted 8/29/2013 10:44:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#36DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/29/2013 10:45:33 PM(edited)
I have a wife and a kid... $900 isn't a lot of money unless you are in a low income household. In which case, its probably irresponsible to be buying new consoles. I'm upper middle class but any middle class family should be able to afford such a cheap hobby with ease. If you are low income, then boo-hoo for you but my point remains the same. People are rationalizing because they can't afford something.

---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#37ImDyinSquirtlePosted 8/29/2013 11:41:29 PM
I'm upper middle class

lol that's the end of the topic. Good night, everybody
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
"Snyder, Nolan and Goyer need to be lined up and executed." - animeape
#38James_4ortPosted 8/29/2013 11:51:34 PM
I am not a fan of free games.

This is where i realized you are a Fanboy/or Troll...

im just gonna leave this here

http://abload.de/img/playstation-plus-instp3sdm.jpg
---
~House of Red Leaves~
Let no1 misguide you. The true hearted will fall to the glory of eternity, and as the darkness arrises the light within will shine true
#39CapnStankyPosted 8/30/2013 12:02:16 AM
SaintFC_ posted...
CapnStanky posted...
They're not getting their ass kicked. When they're getting their ass kicked in a few months, then you'll get your free stuff.

So your pro Sony again now?? Man, you flip flop more than MS!

What about that meant I was pro Sony? I'm pro logic. Don't confuse my ability to torment fanboys with an agenda. It's just hilarious fun to see them get mad.
#40singhellotakuPosted 8/30/2013 12:25:34 AM
no1oblivionfan posted...
Greed.