EA: "We aren't favoring Microsoft over Sony."

#1ImThe8thWonderPosted 8/29/2013 6:02:23 PM
Hope this hasn't been posted yet. This could have some relevance towards the XB1 in that we may or may not continue to see EA lean towards Microsoft's platform as much in the future.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/ea-we-arent-favouring-microsoft-over-sony
#2BudWisenheimerPosted 8/29/2013 6:06:51 PM
Huh. I saw it the other way around. MSFT favoring EA that is.
#3L96A1BOSSPosted 8/29/2013 6:07:11 PM
EA just blood sucking M$ for money because they in a bad position and EA know they can't burn their relationship with Sony at the same time.
#4BkzIzuPosted 8/29/2013 6:08:59 PM
>Releases TitanFall for PC and Xbox consoles
>Free Fifa with Every Xbox console
>PvZ timed exclusive on Xbox Consoles
#5INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/29/2013 6:09:57 PM
All this reads to me as is: Hey guys, we are totally favoring Microsoft, but to get you to keep buying our games, we are going to say we are not. We also promise to give Sony fans something in the future. Both companies are filling our pockets, but obviously Microsoft has more money so ya know...tough cookies.
#6Devil_wings00Posted 8/29/2013 6:12:10 PM
As all of their development houses making games spout nonsense about how orgasm worthy the xone is and how "The Cloud" is going to do things that are flat out BS. Ya EA totally not for MS ;p Whole reason they probably got rid of the online pass thing was in preparation for MS original DRM framework. Bet they are shooting themselves in the foot now ;p
---
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
#7ImThe8thWonder(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 6:14:20 PM
BkzIzu posted...

That one especially bugged me. I was looking forward to get that on my PS4 up until I realized it was an exclusive. Kinda wanted my XB1 to be mostly for FPSs or other AAA exclusives.

INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
All this reads to me as is: Hey guys, we are totally favoring Microsoft, but to get you to keep buying our games, we are going to say we are not. We also promise to give Sony fans something in the future. Both companies are filling our pockets, but obviously Microsoft has more money so ya know...tough cookies.

Yep, pretty much.
#8HeracylostPosted 8/29/2013 6:18:19 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
As all of their development houses making games spout nonsense about how orgasm worthy the xone is and how "The Cloud" is going to do things that are flat out BS. Ya EA totally not for MS ;p Whole reason they probably got rid of the online pass thing was in preparation for MS original DRM framework. Bet they are shooting themselves in the foot now ;p

Exactly
#9Cereal4youPosted 8/29/2013 6:23:27 PM
BkzIzu posted...

EA has NO say in Titanfall, they don't know rights to it a MS and Respawn deal.

EA doesn't even own Respawn Entertainment just a FYI.
#10BkzIzuPosted 8/29/2013 6:25:52 PM
Cereal4you posted...
BkzIzu posted...

EA has NO say in Titanfall, they don't know rights to it a MS and Respawn deal.

EA doesn't even own Respawn Entertainment just a FYI.

Umm lol
EA is publishing the game, they decide which platform the game will be for.