Why do people not want to use Kinect 2.0 when it comes with the system?

#1zerooo0Posted 8/29/2013 8:26:05 PM
Seriously I dont understand why some people dont want to use the dang thing?

Almost every article Ive read made it seem like its 100x better than Kinect 1.0(Understandably), supposedly it makes the UI interface easier to navigate, Voice Commands, Multiasking, etc it comes in the box so why not take it out for a test? Seriously its like ignoring half of the whole dang console.

I personally am going to do a stress test on the Kinect 2.0 & experiment everything it can do. Im actually really excited to use it from the stuff Ive read about it.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2favcitadelstorePosted 8/29/2013 8:29:06 PM
I'm completely stoked for Rise of Nightmares 2.
---
Must read Xbone board topics:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#3jesse_skaterPosted 8/29/2013 8:32:52 PM
I don't like paying $100 extra (give or take a few bucks) for something that I won't ever use. I have never liked the Kinect. I don't enjoy any of the games that's supported with the Kinect.

just opinion of course.
---
GT: Jesse I3aker
#4regsantotomasPosted 8/29/2013 8:59:29 PM
In all fairness I can understand the healthy skepticism when a platform is linked to a technology that was less than stellar in its previous iteration.

Also we are on a gaming forum where many gamers only interested in a gaming console would be less likely to be enthralled by motion control.

I think those more willing to give such a device a chance are those also interested in what Kinect can offer outside of gaming.

The predominantly negative attitude towards it here should not be all that surprising.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5MashYouGoodPosted 8/29/2013 9:00:50 PM
Because motion controlled games are gimmicky crap made for casuals and the infirm elderly.... perhaps?
#6SoulClankPosted 8/29/2013 9:03:44 PM
Because it's F****** useless to most hardcore gamers. Microsoft is just making us pay an extra hundred for the d*** thing, that we will never touch.
#7BudWisenheimerPosted 8/29/2013 9:26:41 PM
Don't let anybody fool you. If they paid for it ... they'll use it. Eventually.
#8muffinmasherPosted 8/29/2013 9:35:43 PM
I think the Kinect is neat.

I am worried about privacy concerns though, as paranoid as it may sound.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#9rusty12000Posted 8/29/2013 9:37:02 PM
Motion controls are inaccurate and laggy.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#10GotTruthPosted 8/29/2013 9:38:52 PM
I for one have NEVER said I would not USE it. My objection has ALWAYS been the following:

I want to be able to remove it at ANY TIME I choose. Which would be ANYTIME I;m not actively using it to control part of a GAME. this is my GAME console. NOT my TV, DVR, blah blah blah Console. I already do ALL of that JUST FINE thank you, I don't need any help.

Personlay I thing A really in depth and well developed RTS for the Kinnect would do it wonders. and frankly if the tech is NOT ready for me to command a battle field through hand motions like Minority Report I am, frankly, utterly uninterested.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n