Microsoft is being outplayed here. What can they do? Link inside.

#1An_EthiopianPosted 8/30/2013 1:33:03 AM
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/killzone_shadow_fall/news/official_ps4_console_bundles_are_on_the_way_sony_confirms.html

"A PS4 console bundle featuring Killzone Shadow Fall, a second Dual Shock 4 controller and the PlayStation Camera has been spotted on Amazon France.

The bundle is priced EUR 499,99, which equates to around 430.

This could be the first of several bundles Sony has planned, the platform holder has told VideoGamer.com.

"We're tremendously happy with our overall value proposition, whether that be the entry price point of the machine [or] the detailed bundles and combinations that we will put on shelf at retail which we haven't fleshed out in detail as yet," Sony Computer Entertainment UK chief Fergal Gara told VideoGamer.com during Gamescom."

With a bundle like that, at the same price of a XB1, how can MS put up a feasible fight?

Thoughts?
---
The statement below me is true.
The statement above me is false.
#2ThaxagoodnamePosted 8/30/2013 2:03:12 AM
Maybe if they sold more bundles with LINK inside...I'll show myself the way out now.
#3AwayFromHerePosted 8/30/2013 2:14:27 AM
S***, I think Killzone sucks, but if that came to the US for $500, I'd buy it.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/30/2013 2:32:21 AM
They need to bring that bundle over here... Better match them MS!
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5Styrof0amPosted 8/30/2013 3:01:21 AM
That is a very good deal indeed.

My thoughts:
Considering the Xbox Division keeps increasing it's revenue, and MS as a whole is finacially very stable, I'd dump the price for the XB1 by $200. Yes, that would mean a massive loss for the nest 6 quarters, but it's money they'd get in from an influx in online supscriptions.

Source:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-18-xbox-live-helps-boost-xbox-division-revenues-8-percent-in-q4
#6TauriLeaderPosted 8/30/2013 3:12:52 AM
Styrof0am posted...

My thoughts:
Considering the Xbox Division keeps increasing it's revenue, and MS as a whole is finacially very stable, I'd dump the price for the XB1 by $200. Yes, that would mean a massive loss for the nest 6 quarters, but it's money they'd get in from an influx in online supscriptions.

Source:
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-07-18-xbox-live-helps-boost-xbox-division-revenues-8-percent-in-q4

Since the division is in a hole worth $6 billion and an investor wants to sell it I doubt the shareholders would be happy to take a huge loss on hardware.
---
Due to recent economic conditions, and the rising cost of Electricity, Gas and Oil, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
#7mmelzer2004Posted 8/30/2013 3:15:59 AM
TauriLeader posted...
Styrof0am posted...

My thoughts:

Source:

Since the division is in a hole worth $6 billion and an investor wants to sell it I doubt the shareholders would be happy to take a huge loss on hardware.

Right, no matter how short-term the loss is.
---
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
#8chrish909Posted 8/30/2013 3:31:19 AM
TauriLeader posted...
Styrof0am posted...

My thoughts:

Source:

The investors that want to sell is 1% of the company.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#9AwayFromHerePosted 8/30/2013 3:35:48 AM
chrish909 posted...

The investors that want to sell is 1% of the company.

And the biggest part of the company is 5%.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#10chrish909Posted 8/30/2013 3:36:49 AM
Sonys retail exclusive list for 2014 is the order and infamous.

An original ip and a lackluster series sales wise.

Ms has nothing to worry about.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.