SemiAccurate: X1 real world bandwidth 140 to 150 gbs range

#21NewMoonShadowPosted 8/30/2013 11:24:59 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Here we go.
Everyone acting like they actually understand the tech inside PS4 and Xbox One.

Reminds me of a time at work a bunch of gamers started sitting and chatting about the differences between various kinds of guns. After they left an actual war vet turned to me and said "they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about do they?"

Nope. Playing video games about gfuns doesn't qualify you to discuss what guns can and can't do in the real world.

Likewise, simply owning and using a computer does not qualify you to talk about what hardware specs theoretically can and can't do.
#22Ramsus082Posted 8/30/2013 11:39:29 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...

Reminds me of a time at work a bunch of gamers started sitting and chatting about the differences between various kinds of guns. After they left an actual war vet turned to me and said "they have absolutely no idea what they're talking about do they?"

Nope. Playing video games about gfuns doesn't qualify you to discuss what guns can and can't do in the real world.

Likewise, simply owning and using a computer does not qualify you to talk about what hardware specs theoretically can and can't do.

This so much. This is why we should probably take the opinion and consensus from the people who actually know what they're talking about when they discuss hardware over what we hear on neoGAF and Gamefaqs from people who are bored at work or school. There's tons of it available for anyone with access to a web browser and search engine.
#23SeromontisPosted 8/30/2013 11:52:34 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Seromontis posted...

I'm pretty sure you cannot compare 204 GB/s with PS4's 176 GB/s.

Well, you can't really just add up the bandwidth of two different memory pools and call it a day, no. There's some development challenges to having to split your code for two different memory sizes and speeds. X360 developers did better than alright with embedded RAM though, but come to think of it they also had 512mb of unified memory to work with in comparison to the PS3, which had 512mb split nearly evenly between the system and the GPU which caused it's own development issues.

Exactly.
---
Characters that won't be in SSBU: Isaac, Shulk, Ridley, Lloyd, Rosalina, Waluigi, Daisy, Krystal, Dixie Kong
SSBU roster size: 36-42 characters
#24HENTAIDOJIPosted 8/30/2013 2:46:09 PM
Well, you can't really just add up the bandwidth of two different memory pools and call it a day, no.

Merk Carny does

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18s8xo1qrrmnqjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

II'm pretty sure you cannot compare 204 GB/s with PS4's 176 GB/s.

You can indeed. It's a measure of speed. You must concede.

What would be X1's theoretical max bandwidth then?

Systems as a whole

Xbone - 292 GB/sec
PS4 - 196 GB/sec

Split across parts

Xbone

CPU - 20.4GB/sec
GPU - 272 GB/sec

PS4

CPU - 20+
GPU - 176 GB/sec
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg