What can Microsoft do with the cloud that Sony can't?

#1lilj812Posted 8/30/2013 11:50:08 AM
The cloud is very interesting to me, as it seems to be one of the selling points of the Xbox one console. Since both consoles will use cloud, yet Xbox one highly touts theirs, I'm to assume that their cloud can in theory do more things. So, as the topic title says, what can the Xbox one cloud do that the ps4 cloud can't?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#2RollnThunder213Posted 8/30/2013 11:54:04 AM
It's less about what it can do over other systems but that MS already has it available. So whereas Sony could theoretically do the same thing, they don't have nearly the amount of infrastructure that Azure has in place already. MS is offering their servers for free to anyone developing a game on the Xbox One whereas Sony would either have to rent servers or start to build their own which is highly expensive.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3Ch3wyPosted 8/30/2013 11:54:05 AM
They have more servers.They're selling them cheaper to developers. So it's gonna be used more.

It's not the technology itself that's new, it's the scale of it.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4WM_PMCPosted 8/30/2013 11:54:22 AM
Hahahaha
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#5METALINGUS5150Posted 8/30/2013 11:57:10 AM
Nothing.
Don't let people fool you into thinking that Microsoft is allowing devs to use Azure for free.
#6RybalPosted 8/30/2013 12:03:09 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
It's less about what it can do over other systems but that MS already has it available. So whereas Sony could theoretically do the same thing, they don't have nearly the amount of infrastructure that Azure has in place already. MS is offering their servers for free to anyone developing a game on the Xbox One whereas Sony would either have to rent servers or start to build their own which is highly expensive.

Please cite where they are giving their server space for free. Everything that I've read indicates that they'll still charge, though it would be less than if the devs were to get their own servers.
#7RollnThunder213Posted 8/30/2013 12:04:45 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Nothing.
Don't let people fool you into thinking that Microsoft is allowing devs to use Azure for free.

They've already stated they'll be letting devs use Azure for free, it's not a matter of rumor.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#8SilentS89Posted 8/30/2013 12:09:06 PM
Apparently, Microsoft can market their cloud better than Sony.
#9lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 12:10:23 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Nothing.

They've already stated they'll be letting devs use Azure for free, it's not a matter of rumor.

Source please?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#10MrZonePosted 8/30/2013 12:10:27 PM
Ill be honest, I am looking forward more to GaiKai then the cloud for the simple reason I would like to play my PS4 games....remotely....while I'm away from the unit....like cross country.