Europe, get READY for the BATTLE of the BUNDLES!

#1NeoMonkPosted 8/30/2013 11:13:56 AM(edited)
XB1 + Fifa + Kinect bundle or PS4 + Killzone + Camera bundle? - Results (85 votes)
XB1 + Fifa 14 + Kinect Bundle for me!
25.88% (22 votes)
PS4 + Killzone: Shadowfall + Camera Bundle for me!
49.41% (42 votes)
Neither... Zelda WW Wii U Bundle for me!
12.94% (11 votes)
Cameras... NO! I need my privacy!
11.76% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/playstation-4-bundle-contains-killzone-camera-second-controller

It seems like SONY will be releasing or at least thinking about a Killzone + Eyetoy + PS4 + 2nd DS4 controller bundle to match the XB1s Fifa 14 bundle for the same price 499 in Europe? No word if America is getting this just like there's no word if America is getting a free Xb1 game in the box :(

Lil deal, no deal or HUGE deal?
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#2pushoPosted 8/30/2013 11:10:22 AM
you forgot to include the second controller that comes with the PS4 bundle
---
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864
#3RollnThunder213Posted 8/30/2013 11:11:19 AM
America probably won't get anything else for free.

That being said, anyone getting this PS4 bundle (which is a great bundle) yet has criticized the Kinect as being a camera constantly watching you and wouldn't want a "spycam" in their home or FIFA being a digital copy is a hypocrite.

(neither camera needs to be connected, both games are digital copies)
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4NeoMonk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 11:17:14 AM(edited)
pusho posted...
you forgot to include the second controller that comes with the PS4 bundle
You're indeed correct, I forgot to add that the PS4 bundle Includes a 2nd Dual Shock 4 Controller.

RollnThunder213 posted...
anyone getting this PS4 bundle (which is a great bundle) yet has criticized the Kinect as being a camera constantly watching you and wouldn't want a "spycam" in their home or FIFA being a digital copy is a hypocrite.
Totally agree, I'd personally take a PS+ year membership instead of the camera but you could always just sell the camera & get some money back for another game!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#5pushoPosted 8/30/2013 11:16:25 AM

That being said, anyone getting this PS4 bundle (which is a great bundle) yet has criticized the Kinect as being a camera constantly watching you and wouldn't want a "spycam" in their home or FIFA being a digital copy is a hypocrite.

actually, no. This bundle comes with second controller and a game which would cost 120$ if bought separately, so even if you're not interested in the camera its still a good deal. saving money =/= hypocrite
---
SoulSilver FC: 3395-5870-7789
Black FC: 0733-4647-7864
#6Ramsus082Posted 8/30/2013 11:46:29 AM

Actually, no, since Sony is a Japanese company and they're probably not assisting the US government in spying on their customers like many American ones. Not all hardware is created equal in this regard.
#7RayconPosted 8/30/2013 12:07:25 PM
Ramsus082 posted...

Actually, no, since Sony is a Japanese company and they're probably not assisting the US government in spying on their customers like many American ones. Not all hardware is created equal in this regard.

Not to mention you never even have to use the camera... Even taking that aside, the deal is still a bargain. Though KZ being digital is a bummer. Probably the only hang-up for me.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#8RollnThunder213Posted 8/30/2013 12:13:04 PM
Many of the complaints leveled at the Kinect were less about the NSA and more about a camera connected to the internet could be hacked and weirdos watching you. If the NSA wanted to hack into any sort of internet connected camera in your house they could. Whether it was a Kinect or PS camera wouldn't make a difference.

I agree it's a great bundle. It's disappointing us here in America don't get anything at all for either MS or Sony in terms of games and controllers etc. Oh well.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#9imjustdatnicePosted 8/30/2013 12:19:20 PM

Not really since the whole spycam thing was due to having to have the Kinect plugged in or the console wouldn't function. That theory stopped when Microsoft confirmed you don't need the camera to operate. Sony's camera was not required for the console to operate and they also weren't revealed to be part of the NSA spying program.
#10RayconPosted 8/30/2013 12:20:51 PM
imjustdatnice posted...

Not really since the whole spycam thing was due to having to have the Kinect plugged in or the console wouldn't function. That theory stopped when Microsoft confirmed you don't need the camera to operate. Sony's camera was not required for the console to operate and they also weren't revealed to be part of the NSA spying program.

Yeah, MS fixed that problem. So the NSA complaints are more or less moot and up to the consumer now. As opposed to being a potential problem for anyone and everyone who bought an X1.

>_>
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718