Xbox One has a "targeted release date of late November"

#1supermoc10Posted 8/30/2013 2:00:48 PM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/30/xbox-one-launching-in-late-november-2013?abthid=52210ad9763698385700000b

So much for November 8th.

Kind of a head-scratcher to launch this close to Black Friday. Although I think that they'll be able to have units for Black Friday if they launch on November 18/22. Also, does this confirm a December release date in Europe? Or do you think they'll be able to have a perfectly simultaneous launch?

Either way, like I've said in the November 8 threads that the Nov 8 release wouldn't be too much of an X1 advantage, this release won't be too much of a PS4 advantage. The only way PS4 would have an advantage due to the release date is if Microsoft can't have supplies for Black Friday.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#2supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 2:10:48 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/427165/xbox-one-release-date-late-november-hints-pepsico-promo/

Never mind the December for EU thing. Late November confirmed there too.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#3Ramsus082Posted 8/30/2013 2:25:40 PM
Aren't both the X1/PS4 going to be not readily available for walk-ins at launch? Does it really matter if it releases before or after Black Friday?
#4Ramsus082Posted 8/30/2013 2:27:16 PM
....And I just noticed that their source is Mountain Dew and Doritos, respectively. I've never considered them hard-hitting sources for leaks, but we're in a new era of gaming I guess.
#5INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/30/2013 2:28:35 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
....And I just noticed that their source is Mountain Dew and Doritos, respectively. I've never considered them hard-hitting sources for leaks, but we're in a new era of gaming I guess.

Kind of how I felt. This really confirms nothing.
#6TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 8/30/2013 2:29:20 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Aren't both the X1/PS4 going to be not readily available for walk-ins at launch? Does it really matter if it releases before or after Black Friday?

Honestly....if you haven't decided which to get or if to get a console by that point.....and then try to walk in just like that and get one, a public humiliation should be held for you.
---
25, living like I was born yesterday
Loving life, doing right, earning every breath I take
#7Ramsus082Posted 8/30/2013 2:29:34 PM
"While the language in the rules here is by no means official, it's worth noting that the Every 2 Minutes contest is being held in partnership with Microsoft and has even been promoted by Xbox Live's Major Nelson"

They really need to leave the guy alone with these silly marketing pushes.
#8INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 8/30/2013 2:31:36 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
"While the language in the rules here is by no means official, it's worth noting that the Every 2 Minutes contest is being held in partnership with Microsoft and has even been promoted by Xbox Live's Major Nelson"

They really need to leave the guy alone with these silly marketing pushes.

LOL. Truth.
#9Ramsus082Posted 8/30/2013 2:39:57 PM(edited)
Seriousy, the guy is on Reddit every other day answering questions and kicking stuff up the chain. Not an easy job. Now they're asking him to MC a chip and soft drink contest.

"Hey Larry, here's a sweet Mercedes. Drive this **** to Gamescom, you earned it"

"Hell yes!"

"Larry, I need you to re-post this Dorito stuff. Make sure you sound enthused to all these twenty-somethings who were raised to tell the difference between marketing BS and sincerity"

"**** my life...."
#10BelberithPosted 8/30/2013 2:42:24 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Seriousy, the guy is on Reddit every other day answering questions and kicking stuff up the chain. Not an easy job. Now they're asking him to MC a chip and soft drink contest.

"Hey Larry, here's a sweet Mercedes. Drive this **** to Gamescom, you earned it"

"Hell yes!"

"Larry, I need you to re-post this Dorito stuff. Make sure you sound enthused to all these twenty-somethings who were raised to tell the difference between marketing BS and sincerity"

"**** my life...."

I feel bad for Larry, he always looks so depressed and out of it now a days.