To go Digital or not to go Digital

#11FinzFan4lifePosted 8/30/2013 5:31:42 PM
Digital is better, the box art is still going to be there in your digital Library, just prob not the screen shots on the back.

Instant switching and the soon to be digital resell of them is what makes it better let alone not having game case clutter.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#12METALINGUS5150Posted 8/30/2013 5:34:26 PM
Nice to see people taking CBOAT seriously with the resale of digital games.
:3
#13NoizeTraumaPosted 8/30/2013 5:43:10 PM
Right now I buy digital when I can. Next gen I will only buy digital. I have a very good reason for this.

I have two televisions .One in my living room, one in my bedroom. Right now, I also have two 360's. One for each television. I also enjoy playing co-op games with my friends when they come over to my place.

Because anyone can play a digital copy of a game on the console you first download it to, I set my friends up on my living room television. And because I can play any digital copy of the game that I have bought (as long as I'm logged in), I bring my television in from my bedroom and set it up next to my other tv in the living room, re-download the game to the second console and then I play on that television.

I now have the game set up on two different consoles/televisions and only payed for a single copy. Sure as hell beats splitscreen and it allows me to do co-op on other games that don't have a splitscreen option.

1 purchase, 2 playable copies. That is why digital works better for me.

If it's a single player only game, however, I will probably end up buying the physical copy simply because I do tend to sell my physical games in order to fund new purchases.
---
Cum On Feel the Noize.
#14shads3055Posted 8/30/2013 5:43:55 PM
im going disk only games for madden 25. for now. since tiger woods isn't out yet.

for dead rising 3, forza, titian fall, halo, I am going Digital dl only. I feel those games are going to last at lest 2 years or longer in life span before new ones are out that getting a digital dl is worth it. Im also more of a casual gaming and not buying to much next gen but will be getting enough to hold me over a while.

sports games since they come out each year are the only things to get on disk so I can trade then in but I will make a final choice on disk for madden when it gets closer. I just feel trade in value is so low and will be lower next gen. digital dl is the way to go.
#15bessy67Posted 8/30/2013 5:44:23 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Nice to see people taking CBOAT seriously with the resale of digital games.
:3

CBOAT just comments on rumors that already existed and hopes for the best. The digital marketplace rumor existed long before he talked about it.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#16Gamer4e4Posted 8/30/2013 5:54:35 PM
bessy67 posted...
Physical has more value IMO. You can't currently sell, trade or borrow digital so I won't pay full price for it. If they do ever come out with a digital game resale marketplace or bring back family share I might consider going full digital.

This ^^

But also... Games on shelves look cool and you can see you collection growing, games on HD.. Meh. A full HD looks no better than an empty one.
#17blargamusPosted 8/30/2013 6:20:43 PM
I've recently been buying digital since live has had some ok sales recently plus the games with gold and I gotta tell ya. It's really nice just scrolling through my games in my list, pressing A and playing.
Now if I want to play one of my games that are on disk. I'm just like 'ugh' lol. Gotta walk over to my shelf and get it then put it into the tray. Lol
Of course I'm being very tongue in cheek here. But is still nice.
---
That's so interesting and perceptive we should now fight with knives!
#18ozranPosted 8/30/2013 6:25:50 PM
I am considering going pure digital because of the fact if I want a large game library I am gonna have no choice but to go digital. living in a one room apartment with my gf makes it so I do not have the space for a large library
---
That does it! I have had it with these mother****ing trolls on this mother****ing board!!! -mercuryblade09
#19patrick005Posted 8/30/2013 11:22:06 PM
I would go all digital, just on the fact that I'm reaching my limit of available room space to store all the physical media I already do own (games, movies, music, books, etc...).

One other benefit would be that going all digital would prepare me to when / if Microsoft brings back the Family Share plan. I would actually be able to lend a game to my friends / family on the other side of the country.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com
#20regsantotomasPosted 8/30/2013 11:28:49 PM
patrick005 posted...
I would go all digital, just on the fact that I'm reaching my limit of available room space to store all the physical media I already do own (games, movies, music, books, etc...).

One other benefit would be that going all digital would prepare me to when / if Microsoft brings back the Family Share plan. I would actually be able to lend a game to my friends / family on the other side of the country.

+1
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego