To go Digital or not to go Digital

#21slowdog76Posted 8/31/2013 12:20:02 AM
i personally have no problem with the concept of going all digital. if the pricing strategy doesnt change to be more like steam (doesnt have to be identical...just heading in that direction) then it will make it difficult and less likely

for me, the games that will be purchased digitally will be the ones that have good solid multiplayer that somewhere down the line, myself and my clan may well set up a fun night on it, but doesnt necessarily get yearly updates.

so, for example, fifa would be a physical purchase, simply because that the last one doesnt get played at all and no one ever goes backwards with those games. but something like cod would be digital. each games have enough differences that they are worth keeping hold of

of course, if digital trading becomes available......
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#22HellsControllerPosted 8/31/2013 12:34:41 AM
Physical because I enjoy owning the things I pay for, as well as having the option to resell it, loan it to friends and get them for cheaper, whether on sale or used. Seeing as neither MS or SOny will ever approach Steam in prices, I can't see a reason to buy something digitally.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#23TheCyborgNinjaPosted 8/31/2013 12:46:57 AM
I would on PC or iPhone. Never in a million years on a home console. Your stuff dies with the previous hardware every time.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#24GotTruthPosted 8/31/2013 3:13:23 AM
Frankly I will NEVER pay more that a 20 dollar bill for a DIGITAL game, EVER.

If I'm going to be spending 60-150(Injustice Battle Edition) and I don't OWN what just dropped my hard earned money on, screw it.

OWNSHIP an object = being able to SELL(or re-sell under the Lawful Doctrine of First Sale) said object.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#256speednissanPosted 8/31/2013 6:57:57 AM
I'd like to go all digital since I seem to sell my games and get seller's remorse down the road. There are also always sales on digital games in the marketplace. I used to be big into collector's editions, but the ones over the past few years are way overpriced for me to even consider buying anyway.
#26mrshowtime333Posted 8/31/2013 7:11:04 AM
GotTruth posted...

If I'm going to be spending 60-150(Injustice Battle Edition) and I don't OWN what just dropped my hard earned money on, screw it.

OWNSHIP an object = being able to SELL(or re-sell under the Lawful Doctrine of First Sale) said object.

Man, you arent going to be able to function in the future. And by the future, I mean about 5-7 years from now.
#27HellsControllerPosted 8/31/2013 10:49:41 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
GotTruth posted...

Man, you arent going to be able to function in the future. And by the future, I mean about 5-7 years from now.

You're delusional if you think physical media will die in 7 years.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
#28Binba442Posted 8/31/2013 11:19:08 AM
Is Digital cheaper? Is there no BS DRM on it?

If Yes to both. Then Buy. If no, Buy physical

Or if I love the game, I'll consider a physical.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#29Foxx3kPosted 9/1/2013 10:32:13 AM
I really want to go all digital for next generation, but I know the that the market places won't be competitive with retail store pricing. Such a shame. I miss the before-times when discs and digital were the same thing.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]