Does the external power brick bother you at all? Worried about another RROD?

#21AwayFromHerePosted 8/31/2013 1:02:46 AM
An external power supply bugs the hell out of me.

My modem, router, my house phone, and my cable box, all have power bricks sitting behind my entertainment center. If the thing wasn't sitting a foot from my wall, I'd be worried about setting a fire.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#22Spetsnaz420Posted 8/31/2013 1:16:03 AM
If power bricks were so good they wouldn't be internal on PCs
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#23KOOGARPosted 8/31/2013 1:37:29 AM
Don't worry, M$ said there won't be a RRoD this time.

I guess that's because they changed the LED's to blue ones now.
#24BrownGottiPosted 8/31/2013 3:42:41 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...

I guess laptops have been doing it all wrong?

The posts here astound me........
#25spud_almightyPosted 8/31/2013 4:48:39 AM
Does anyone find it cute that these kids keep calling a "power brick". So technically sound! :P
#26DeimirPosted 8/31/2013 6:00:38 AM
spud_almighty posted...
Does anyone find it cute that these kids keep calling a "power brick". So technically sound! :P

It's a power supply that's literally shaped like a brick (or at least a rectangular prism that resembles a brick, given that there are specific dimensional ratios that define exactly what a 'brick' is), how is abbreviating that in any way technically unsound?

Power brick is a non-issue in my opinion, even when moving the console around a lot. My gaming laptop has a similar one but you don't see everyone screaming at Asus about it.
---
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f2b_1371011276
#27The_NightwingPosted 8/31/2013 6:17:56 AM
BrownGotti posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

I guess laptops have been doing it all wrong?

The posts here astound me........

If you didn't notice Xbox One is quite bigger than a laptop...
#28nb003_99Posted 8/31/2013 6:20:45 AM
An external power supply means less heat in the console, not bad design. If it was not external, who knows if we could get the 53Hz upclock that makes our RAM faster.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#29teehee23Posted 8/31/2013 6:28:50 AM
No worries at all.
After the RROD fiasco this was the one of the first things Microsoft took into account when designing Xbox #1 hardware. Microsoft spent over a BILLION dollars repairing and redesigning Xbo360 and that's an expensive lesson no one wants to experience again.

It's obvious, I believe, that Xbox #1 will be the most reliable console of all time.
Thank you, Microsoft.
---
And the voice of an Angel spoke to me, that I was created righteous. And all that oppose me shall bring suffering upon themselves. Amen.
#30DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/31/2013 6:29:54 AM
Well I think there is an obvious answer to this topic.

The XB1 is so big and has an external power brick because if the last system didn't have RROD, it would have been profitable. Instead they spent 2 billion on repairs.

Now they are playing it safe and making it 50% ventilation. I don't mind the size sinces its just going into my entertainment center anyways and it looks like reliability is a new focus for the XB1 and its going back to the Xbox Original design (which was huge).
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H