1/3rd of all 360 users have kinect

#1FusionCPosted 8/31/2013 7:01:42 AM
So according to sales numbers, as of Feb 13' 24 million Kinect's have been sold. and as of June 13' 78 million 360's have been sold. That means roughly 1 out of every 3 people who own a Xbox 360 have a kinect. So why are people so upset about it being sold with the XB1? Is it simply price? I just dont get it. I know the numbers are 1/3rd but if you look at failure rates of the early boxes and what not...im betting the number is closer to half of all current 360 owners have a kinect.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#2Mega WolfPosted 8/31/2013 7:09:03 AM
those numbers don't reflex those who bought kinect and found it to be rubbish.
And some people honestly just dont want it.
Is that so hard to understand?
Especially if it's now optional and just driving costs up.
---
"What's with you and this "purify" thing? For some reason I doubt your knights are packing soap and bubble bath in that armour." ~Ryudo
#3BigAl519Posted 8/31/2013 7:10:14 AM
You do know a majority of Kinect sales were people buying them for PC use/experiments/development right?
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#4The_NightwingPosted 8/31/2013 7:12:01 AM
The Wii sold over a 100 million units, and the Wii U barely sold a few million?

Just because someone bought it's predecessor, that doesn't mean they want the next installment of it.
#5FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:12:29 AM
Yeah, I just dont get it. I was at gamestop for the midnight of the Kinect, bought it at full price. Took it home, goofed around with it for about 3 weeks, unhooked it and havent looked at it since. Does it bother me that the XB1 is coming with a kinect? Not in the least. It is what it is.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#6BigAl519Posted 8/31/2013 7:15:02 AM
FusionC posted...
Yeah, I just dont get it. I was at gamestop for the midnight of the Kinect, bought it at full price. Took it home, goofed around with it for about 3 weeks, unhooked it and havent looked at it since. Does it bother me that the XB1 is coming with a kinect? Not in the least. It is what it is.

And what it is is another unnecessary expense for Xbone buyers. That's $100 you could use to buy nearly 2 games, or another controller and a game, Live gold etc.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#7nb003_99Posted 8/31/2013 7:16:19 AM
And 100% of them love it!
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#8FusionC(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:20:42 AM
BigAl519 posted...
FusionC posted...

And what it is is another unnecessary expense for Xbone buyers. That's $100 you could use to buy nearly 2 games, or another controller and a game, Live gold etc.

You could be 100% right but who knows. With it being included with all consoles maybe more devs will use it. Maybe not. But personally, and for the people I know buying the Xb1 we dont care. We are dropping 500 because we want to play DR3, Forza, Halo, we want our dedicated servers for games like COD:Ghosts. People keep looking at the Kinect and saying "it shouldnt be mandatory" but it is. MS made that choice to build a platform with Kinect in mind. And as someone who paid full price at launch for a kinect and then never used it again (its in a box in a closet) I just dont care that the kinect is bundled.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#9TeraPatrick2008Posted 8/31/2013 7:30:09 AM
1/3rd of all 360 users have kinect

4/5 of them never used it again after the first week
9/10 would never buy it again
#10MrSpaM111Posted 8/31/2013 7:37:18 AM
A lot of people thought the kinect was going to be amazing and bought it day one, little did they know it was going to be awful. A recent IGN survey showed that less than ten percent of people who bought kinect used it more than once.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628