Lets be honest about what the Xbox is (with FAQ section)

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/31/2013 7:31:00 AM
I know its going to be hard for most people to make it through this topic. This board seems to be filled with people who just want to spew popular one liners. But with a critical look, it can be easily argued that Xbox is the best console in all features outside of graphics.

Lets be honest. At this point, the Xbox 1 is a superior console for a higher price. Its just a matter of whether you want to pay the premium. The only thing the PS4 has is a graphics advantage which is seemingly smaller and smaller as we get close to launch and hear about all the extra stuff in the Xbox 1 we didn't know about before.

On the other hand, dedicated servers are a serious advantage.

Kinect is a huge advantage for system operation. I do not have to bring up a menu during multiplayer and fiddle around to send a message or invite people. I can do it anytime with voice controls.

I can multitask with game + app on the same screen any barely stop playing for more than a few seconds. *Snap, youtube, voice type for video guide* *Snap, skype friends on video chat*, *snap, twitch*, etc.

We also know that XBL is going to be the premier service just like it was last time. 95% of PSN is just them copying what MS did a year or two later and they do it poorly in comparison. You can't compare with a software giant on their home turf.

More Cloud support, whatever it offers. If the Halo rumours are true, then it would be quite interesting having hundreds of AIs running battles in the distance that you can go to at any time in single player.

Facial recognition and future family sharing for digital games. I love the idea of signing me and my friends in based on facial recognition and being able to share my digital purchases is going to be a huge bonus.

Better overall service. The Xbox 360's OS was far smoother than PS3s, who locked you out of the OS at many instances, did not install games while downloading, had far slower downloads and installs for games and patches while using 3x the memory. This is not expected to change considering this is just the natural outcome of MS's software background.

Far superior support for its peripheral because we paid for it. Nintendo and Sony can both ad cameras but developers won't treat it the same unless it comes with the console.

Better launch lineup and bigger initial gaming investment. I have no idea why Sony people keep saying to look to history to see what Xbox offers. The Xbox offered more Japanese and western game support for the first 4 years...... I am not so poor that I have to make a single purchase because I plan on only having one console for the next 8 years. If we go by history AND what we can see right now, the XB1 has better games now and should have better games for years to come.

Basically, more control options, better online play, a huge investment in cloud so at the very minimum it will deliver a better cloud experience, a much more custom experience, whether its significant or not and comes with a controller that supports up to 6 players without having to buy a second controller.

PS4 advantages are peanuts in comparison and none of them involve advantages in gameplay.

Of course I plan on getting both, PS4 probably next year sometimes. Its still a good console and will have some noteworthy exclusives down the line. I even have a Wii U and I think its totally trash but I need it for Bayonetta and MH3u.

But the facts are, MS has the best console in most areas except for graphics, for the highest price. You may not care for those extra features so you are welcome to get a PS4. But for many, an Xbox is just more for more.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:31:16 AM
FAQ:

Q: How do I know the Xbox won't do another 180?
A: You don't. You don't know this about any company. However, if a console functions at one point and refuses to function later on, they will lose customers and be sued. MS has proven that it is a company looking to invest in the long run and aren't just here for short term gains. MS has also confirmed themselves that physical will remain as it is while Digital purchases will continue with their original plan. Sony also had similar plans as well until Xbox announced first and received backlash. Both companies care about keeping their customers hence it is unlikely for either party to implement this further down the road.

Q: Why is MS so greedy?
A: Because it is a corporation like Sony and Nintendo. Nintendo makes their money by selling cheap games and hardware at high prices. Sony tries to force gamers to buy Bluray for $200 extra even though it makes games slower and denying compensation for unacceptable failure rates. XB1 does this by putting out advertisements and charging $10 more for XBL Gold as well as putting things behind a paywall such as basic apps like Netflix, which people already paid for.

It is also important to understand that greed really is an irrelevant term because both console departments have been bleeding money since the last generation and everything they've done so far has been to turn their struggling departments into a profit. The PS3 alone has lost over $4 billion dollars while the Xbox devision is $6 billion down so it is hard to see where greed comes into play, hence it is easier to just not use such subjective and irrelevant measures.

Q: Will Xbox support die off like on the 360?
A: This is possible. But using history has been a very inaccurate determinant. It is also worth noting that the Xbox still had plenty of support into year 6 so that is a long ways off. Sony had a stronger showing late in the console race while MS had a much stronger lineup in the earlier years hence if we are to go by history (a very inaccurate indicator), the XB1 should have plenty of support for the next 4-5 years.

Q: Will all these extra features and media focus affect my games?
A: Unlikely. The growth of media support has had no correlation with inferior game support. For example, the PS3 was launched as a trojan horse for Bluray players yet it had the best first party support by the end of the generation. Both Xbox 360 and PS3 had tons of media support but both had more extensive gaming libraries and better services than the bare bones Nintendo Wii.

Q: Will Kinect spy on me?
A: No more likely than any other device. Considering MS and Google have teamed up to fight for the right to reveal what kind of information is being given to the government, it is clearly not something as personal as a live stream of people in their houses all the time. However, this does not mean the government isn't spying on you through Kinect or other cameras through other channels. Governments have been known to hack and control recording devices by themselves. The only way to ensure you are not being spied on is to cover all cameras and disconnect Kinect.

Q: Why should I trust MS?
A: You should NOT trust MS. You should NOT trust any corporation. You should by a product based on your needs, not on trust. All companies are legally obligated to maximize profits. MS's tactics have been sensationalized recently in the press and that has led gamers to become naive and foolish into thinking that they should trust other companies and become blind of past practices that have been proven to be worse. We can observe this with Sony forcing devs to use Cell and gamers to use bluray and the PS2's lack of warranty. We can observe this with Nitnendo selling 200 megabyte games for $60 with no online. DO NOT BASE CONSOLE PURCHASE ON TRUST.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#3NeoAndurilPosted 8/31/2013 7:33:45 AM
Lets be honest. At this point, the Xbox 1 is a superior console for a higher price.

You just failed being honest.

This topic is another in a long line of reassurance troll bait garbage topics that suits no purpose other than to stir up s*** here.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#4DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:34:15 AM
Q: Will Sony also have dedicated servers?
A: Yes they will. The difference is the amount of dedicated servers they can offer. They will have dedicated for some of their first party and is unlikely to be able to subsidize dedicated servers to third parties as they themselves will be renting them. MS has spent billions on acquiring servers and data centres to support developers and bring dedicated for a small sum so many third party games are going to run on dedicated on MS consoles while they will be P2P on Sony consoles. All MS exclusives are expected to be dedicated.
---
#5DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:34:49 AM
NeoAnduril posted...
Lets be honest. At this point, the Xbox 1 is a superior console for a higher price.

You just failed being honest.

This topic is another in a long line of reassurance troll bait garbage topics that suits no purpose other than to stir up s*** here.

Like I said, most trolls won't make it past the first few sentences.
---
#6Shacky_101Posted 8/31/2013 7:35:53 AM
Woah, its amazing how fanboys can be this pathetic.
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#7DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:37:04 AM
More posters who can't read. Also, I am a PS4 fanboy on two system boards. So I don't know how that helps.
---
#8SORS_IMMANISPosted 8/31/2013 7:37:47 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Lol... The Xbone is a much weaker system that relies on the stupid gimmick of Kinect. It's in no way superior.
#9NeoAndurilPosted 8/31/2013 7:37:54 AM

You were right. You didn't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#10DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 7:43:15 AM(edited)
NeoAnduril posted...

You were right. You didn't.

Considering you've done nothing so far in this topic except troll and fail at reversing an argument on someone, I don't know why you even bother accusing people.

@SORS

I detailed the advantages. Its not way weaker. Its about the gap between the Xbox and PS2. The Wii U is whats considered way weaker. You should read about the advantages however. I won't say your a troll but you clearly haven't read anything yet. I know this is just going to get infested with PS4 fans who are going to regurgitate the same lines that I've already addressed in my original TC.

Simply put, I am tired of all the negativity on this board. I decided to make this topic after everyone attacked BIGGESTPS3FAN for making a topic about how he liked Titanfall when he demoed it and it quickly got 4 pages of people attacking him and Microsoft for no reason even though the guy said he was buying it for PC, not the X1.
---