XBOX ONE may be more POWERFUL than PS4 (links)

#61BudWisenheimerPosted 8/31/2013 2:33:50 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Here's an article from a tech analysis acknowledging development challenges with the XboxOne's memory architecture. It's not very vague.

The PS4 also boasts a faster type of memory, GDDR5, compared to the Xbox Oneís DDR3. The Xbox One, though, employs 32MB of eSRAM in order to help bridge that memory gap. Whether or not the eSRAM achieves this goal remains to be seen, as there are various reports around the web saying it does, and various other reports directly contradicting those claims. If anything is for certain regarding the eSRAM, however, itís that itíll be more difficult for developers to utilize than if they only had regular RAM to work with.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/162977-xbox-one-gpu-gets-modest-boost-in-power-to-combat-ps4-supremacy-microsoft-confirms

I wish there were more context for that statement. Do they mean more difficult like driving an automatic versus manual? Or do they mean more difficult like driving during the day versus driving blindfolded?

Too vague still.

Agree to disagree, I guess, it doesn't seem too vague for me. It's clear to me that working with two different memory sizes at two different speeds requires at the very least more resources spent to optimize for them over working with a single block of memory at a consistent speed. I think that's what they're getting at, and they say it's "certain".

I agree to agree. But what's still vague is the amount of difficulty. One person might infer the new Xbox is difficult like the PS3. Another might infer that both new consoles are easier than ever but one is more difficult than the other. So yeah it's certain there's a difference. But the certainty is useless without the degree of difference between the two. And useless without any context of the difference when compared to previous hardware and software solutions.
#62GravyButtPosted 8/31/2013 2:40:00 PM
Wow the sonyponies are strong in this topic.
#63bob15xPosted 8/31/2013 3:19:11 PM
bksonic123 posted...
Why the hell would this be under NDA? If anything, you'd want to fully market this.

The NDA could be from AMD. The thing they could be doing is for the next round of graphics cards and they do not want nvidia to know until a certain date.

Although it may not be true, but that would be a reason to keep it under wraps.
#64SilentS89Posted 8/31/2013 4:09:16 PM
sworder posted...
this is a blatant lie
#65Laylow12Posted 8/31/2013 4:28:18 PM
This is desperation in a nut-shell. When you got nothing going for you, you just spin it and pray you win it.

If this was true, it would be the largest story and splashed across video game and tech sites but alas, it's merely a forum post. Being preached like its gospel. Already blessed by the ancients and ready for mass consumption.

Sorry Microsoft, we're not the sheep you pegged us to be. You should've took the hint from the EA Simcity debacle that gamers aren't to be trifled with, but you went ahead with your agenda like a stubborn mule (jackass). Now we have this. A blathering forum post that deals with sub atomic particles and the crashing of atoms. Your machine is inferior on every level. #DealWithIt

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#66LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/31/2013 4:39:10 PM
I wish both companies would devote these kind of resources to actually making good games.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#67Xeeh_BitzPosted 8/31/2013 4:47:33 PM
bob15x posted...
bksonic123 posted...
Why the hell would this be under NDA? If anything, you'd want to fully market this.

The NDA could be from AMD. The thing they could be doing is for the next round of graphics cards and they do not want nvidia to know until a certain date.

Although it may not be true, but that would be a reason to keep it under wraps.

'eh...

AMD post all their technologies and hide nothing in regards to their GPUs for the PC
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#68hardknock55Posted 8/31/2013 5:45:14 PM
SilentS89 posted...
sworder posted...
this is a blatant lie

---
PSN: hardknock55
3DS FC:4355-9696-1275
#69Spetsnaz420Posted 9/1/2013 3:18:34 AM
Well I guess I'll say it then

So specs suddenly matter? I've seen specs downplayed as unimportant for a long time in this forum while it was clear PS4 is more powerful...now you guys do a 180 based on a rumor no less. Hell even MS downplayed specs...do you really think they would have relt the need to do that if they had superior specs?
---
Prepare for involuntary rectal focused coitus
#70PudgeisafishPosted 9/1/2013 3:54:46 AM
TYWlN_LANNISTER posted...
The hell? Strong proof. But even if MS changed all the specs, it wouldn't surprise me. They've 180'd on everything else, and this is why their console will be lucky to be out this year. You can be sure that whatever One we see, if it's available this year, it will be rushed and prone to all sorts of issues like the 360.

That sounds acceptable!

Xbox 360 only had rrod, and the Xbox One won't repeat that.

There was never anything else wrong with the Xbox 360...

Unless you know of what other "sorts" of problems there were.