gamestop store managers getting a free xbox one

#1UptonPickmanPosted 8/31/2013 11:50:15 AM
Is an enormous pile of crap. The least dedicated and most unqualified of the retail world getting almost 2000 dollars of free software and hardware is insane. Dollars to donuts, I'm guessing the rest of the management staff get a nice big "tough stuff, get back to work and wait for your piddly paycheck. I'm going on break." This is insulting to gamers and the people out there who actually have game knowledge and dedication.
---
When I saw those red lights, a little bit of my soul fell out of my butt.
#2bessy67Posted 8/31/2013 11:51:54 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/003/374/Cool_story_bro_.jpg
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3matt-nicklinPosted 8/31/2013 12:08:54 PM
So 6.5 million dollars on the managers, what a waste of money.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#4FinzFan4lifePosted 8/31/2013 12:42:10 PM
UptonPickman posted...
Is an enormous pile of crap. The least dedicated and most unqualified of the retail world getting almost 2000 dollars of free software and hardware is insane. Dollars to donuts, I'm guessing the rest of the management staff get a nice big "tough stuff, get back to work and wait for your piddly paycheck. I'm going on break." This is insulting to gamers and the people out there who actually have game knowledge and dedication.

How do you figure 2000$ I talked to GM at my store they have to choose between the 2
consoles they don't actually get both.
Also who are you to decide who is qualified I don't think any one should get it for free but they are doing it so they can try and sell them to customers, and there is most likely a catch besides only getting one and not both.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#5CapvvnDPosted 8/31/2013 12:49:43 PM
Why would somebody be upset over this?
I don't like going to Gamestop, for various reasons but mostly just because it's easier to just order from amazon, but who cares. Good for them.
#6NeoMonkPosted 8/31/2013 1:32:48 PM
lol @ "gamestop customers"
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#7yanksfan4247Posted 8/31/2013 1:50:51 PM
UptonPickman posted...

Good managers give their games to their staff. I know my manager did. He gave me Madden. I took it and then gave it to the person with the most preorders that day since I didn't want it.

Some other managers did stuff like that. Take the game and say "the person with the best month will get this..."

S--- managers said nothing and took all the games for themselves.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
#8gudamanPosted 8/31/2013 2:01:26 PM(edited)
yanksfan4247 posted...
UptonPickman posted...

Good managers give their games to their staff. I know my manager did. He gave me Madden. I took it and then gave it to the person with the most preorders that day since I didn't want it.

Some other managers did stuff like that. Take the game and say "the person with the best month will get this..."

S--- managers said nothing and took all the games for themselves.

My managers were awesome until corporate stepped in after the good ones quit... We got some butch chick fresh outta business college and though she was nice enough on occasion, she simply destroyed the morale and friendships between employees by putting others in the spotlight that before everyone shared. I know a business SHOULD spotlight certain employees for performance but when everyone is on the same page and agrees with the standards it makes everyone work just as hard but as a team, not tools...

My old DM was amazing, he always dropped off promo swag for us and even extra stuff so nobody got excluded. Our nintendo rep, amazing human being he was... Until one day he was caught off guard by our Sony rep who caused him to quit... The swag.. We all got so much swag... Until that day...
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.25
#9Gamer4e4Posted 8/31/2013 2:10:23 PM
Its a blatant bribe to the managers to push the Xbox more than the PS4.
#10SaQu1BPosted 8/31/2013 2:13:41 PM
Gamer4e4 posted...
Its a blatant bribe to the managers to push the Xbox more than the PS4.

Or maybe Microsoft just wanted to do something nice for all the hardworking people that makes distribution possible.