gamestop store managers getting a free xbox one

#11HolybellPosted 8/31/2013 2:22:49 PM
gudaman posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
UptonPickman posted...
Is an enormous pile of crap. The least dedicated and most unqualified of the retail world getting almost 2000 dollars of free software and hardware is insane. Dollars to donuts, I'm guessing the rest of the management staff get a nice big "tough stuff, get back to work and wait for your piddly paycheck. I'm going on break." This is insulting to gamers and the people out there who actually have game knowledge and dedication.

Good managers give their games to their staff. I know my manager did. He gave me Madden. I took it and then gave it to the person with the most preorders that day since I didn't want it.

Some other managers did stuff like that. Take the game and say "the person with the best month will get this..."

S--- managers said nothing and took all the games for themselves.

My managers were awesome until corporate stepped in after the good ones quit... We got some butch chick fresh outta business college and though she was nice enough on occasion, she simply destroyed the morale and friendships between employees by putting others in the spotlight that before everyone shared. I know a business SHOULD spotlight certain employees for performance but when everyone is on the same page and agrees with the standards it makes everyone work just as hard but as a team, not tools...

My old DM was amazing, he always dropped off promo swag for us and even extra stuff so nobody got excluded. Our nintendo rep, amazing human being he was... Until one day he was caught off guard by our Sony rep who caused him to quit... The swag.. We all got so much swag... Until that day...

I had a s***** manager too. She'd delegate out all her work to us, took all the swag, and was just a b**** to everyone. Customers and employees all hated her. One time she tried to take one of our regular's limited editions and just tell the guy we didn't get it. She backed down after I threatened to call the DM.

I finally had enough of her BS and quit. A week later I went back and canceled $500 worth of preorders that I had slowly accumulated for the very moment (Oregon Trail 3DS? Sure, I'll put $5 down). Her hands were shaking as she was canceling my orders and I had the biggest grin on my face. I'm banned from shopping at GS, but it was worth it.
---
What do you call a PMSing krogan female? Blood raging.
#12gudamanPosted 8/31/2013 2:49:23 PM
Holybell posted...
gudaman posted...
yanksfan4247 posted...
UptonPickman posted...
Is an enormous pile of crap. The least dedicated and most unqualified of the retail world getting almost 2000 dollars of free software and hardware is insane. Dollars to donuts, I'm guessing the rest of the management staff get a nice big "tough stuff, get back to work and wait for your piddly paycheck. I'm going on break." This is insulting to gamers and the people out there who actually have game knowledge and dedication.

Good managers give their games to their staff. I know my manager did. He gave me Madden. I took it and then gave it to the person with the most preorders that day since I didn't want it.

Some other managers did stuff like that. Take the game and say "the person with the best month will get this..."

S--- managers said nothing and took all the games for themselves.

My managers were awesome until corporate stepped in after the good ones quit... We got some butch chick fresh outta business college and though she was nice enough on occasion, she simply destroyed the morale and friendships between employees by putting others in the spotlight that before everyone shared. I know a business SHOULD spotlight certain employees for performance but when everyone is on the same page and agrees with the standards it makes everyone work just as hard but as a team, not tools...

My old DM was amazing, he always dropped off promo swag for us and even extra stuff so nobody got excluded. Our nintendo rep, amazing human being he was... Until one day he was caught off guard by our Sony rep who caused him to quit... The swag.. We all got so much swag... Until that day...

I had a s***** manager too. She'd delegate out all her work to us, took all the swag, and was just a b**** to everyone. Customers and employees all hated her. One time she tried to take one of our regular's limited editions and just tell the guy we didn't get it. She backed down after I threatened to call the DM.

I finally had enough of her BS and quit. A week later I went back and canceled $500 worth of preorders that I had slowly accumulated for the very moment (Oregon Trail 3DS? Sure, I'll put $5 down). Her hands were shaking as she was canceling my orders and I had the biggest grin on my face. I'm banned from shopping at GS, but it was worth it.

your my new anti-GS hero

all i had was $75 in preorders...
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#13Big FanPosted 8/31/2013 3:15:18 PM
Gamer4e4 posted...
Its a blatant bribe to the managers to push the Xbox more than the PS4.

Hahahahahaha, except they're getting a PS4 too. Know several GS managers who are getting both free
---
GT: Code XxX
Miami Dolphins
#14UptonPickman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 4:37:38 AM
For the most part, the poo poo store manager is the rule and not the exception. I actually found out what the asms and sgas got for their effort, a mass generalized email from the their regional director saying "thanks". Essentially the equivalent of a dollar pinned to their shirts after receiving a dry pounding. I have seen three store managers at the gamestop I shop at, when they're actually there, and they are truly the epitome of under qualified, at least compared to the asm there, who has been there for six years. I swear to God that no one is more knowledgeable than that nerd and he is actually respectful of the customers. I've actually driven by that gamestop at night, you have to buy booze at odd hours sometimes, and I've seen that guy there sometime at one in the morning. If that jerk hasn't gotten a ps 4 or Xbox one for his time and effort, then I would completely understand him just pipe bombing the heck out of that place.
---
When I saw those red lights, a little bit of my soul fell out of my butt.
#15Evel138Posted 9/2/2013 4:50:34 AM
/worldstiniestviolin

This is the first I've heard of thus, but if true I'm happy for the manager at the GS I go to most often. He's been there for years and is very "knowledgeable and dedicated". His enthusiasm and "knowledge" rivals anyone here, that's for damn sure. Good for him.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y