More horrible, horrible Ryse: Son of Rome gameplay.

#141TaffmanGPosted 9/3/2013 2:16:52 PM
Looks awful.

Generic mash mash mash brain dead rubbish, looks like it has absolutely no depth to it and will get boring very quickly.

Can't even hit a pot that isn't moving, wonderful controls!
#142eastofeastsidePosted 9/3/2013 2:20:42 PM
Sony fans are obsessed with Ryse while Xbox fans could care less about Knack being a lackluster launch turd.

That's major ownage right there.
#143NorthlanePosted 9/3/2013 5:12:21 PM
This game is awful
---
http://i.minus.com/ibuTw5hxDJVGDg.gif
http://i.imgur.com/h6zPKZ4.jpg
#144RufusIohrPosted 9/3/2013 11:36:54 PM
eastofeastside posted...
Sony fans are obsessed with Ryse while Xbox fans could care less about Knack being a lackluster launch turd.

That's major ownage right there.

So who's this clown again? Newsflash, SmileyMcSmiles, SCE made this game. SCE also made ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, Gravity Rush, and Soul Sacrifice. If you think this game is going to be anything short of excellent, think again. Ryse is a failure in a disc, Knack is a sleeper hit. Comparing Knack to Ryse is like comparing Olive Garden to McDonalds.
---
"Memory Make..."
#145LOLKNlCKSPosted 9/5/2013 6:41:14 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
I'd rather play an indie game than this.

---
http://i.imgur.com/rQ4Qyli.jpg
#14615RCPosted 9/5/2013 6:57:04 PM
I don't get the hype. Outside of pretty graphics, this game doesn't say Triple A.
---
Saturday, September 14 - Mayweather-Canelo/Garcia-Matthysse
Tuesday, September 17 - Grand Theft Auto V
#147CoolAsianDudePosted 9/5/2013 6:58:45 PM
15RC posted...
I don't get the hype. Outside of pretty graphics, this game doesn't say Triple A.

It is an exclusive launch game to show off graphical power. I am not interested in it either, just pointing out its role.
---
I ask a lot of questions. Just to let 'ya know.
#14815RCPosted 9/5/2013 7:02:59 PM(edited)
CoolAsianDude posted...
15RC posted...

It is an exclusive launch game to show off graphical power. I am not interested in it either, just pointing out its role.

There have been such good exclusives on PS3 and 360 over the past couple years. Ryse doesn't seem to be anywhere close to that level. Ryse is Madden 06 on 360. Nice graphics, lacking gameplay and features.
---
Saturday, September 14 - Mayweather-Canelo/Garcia-Matthysse
Tuesday, September 17 - Grand Theft Auto V
#149squarex8264Posted 9/5/2013 7:13:11 PM
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Whats up with the "A" blinking all the time. Looks super annoying.

Probably just a glitch.

Played the game at PAX. Attack is actually divided between the X and Y buttons. When you press 'X', you do an attack with your sword where 'Y' is an attack with your shield. 'A' is actually a timed button press you can do to block... so whenever the guy in the video goes and deflects an attack, he's pressing 'A' then.

Game was pretty fun to play hands-on. I don't know why everyone here is thinking you just mash 'A'...
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#150ZeeDoggePosted 9/5/2013 7:18:02 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
Whats up with the "A" blinking all the time. Looks super annoying.

Probably just a glitch.

Played the game at PAX. Attack is actually divided between the X and Y buttons. When you press 'X', you do an attack with your sword where 'Y' is an attack with your shield. 'A' is actually a timed button press you can do to block... so whenever the guy in the video goes and deflects an attack, he's pressing 'A' then.

Game was pretty fun to play hands-on. I don't know why everyone here is thinking you just mash 'A'...

Basically, you can use media to peer pressure people into believing something, who then in turn peer pressure other people. In the past, this could be used for political or corporate interests(like how game journalists are so very cozy with the industry). The internet let pretty much anybody be the media, which means everybody has the power to do this BS. That's why "internet consensus" is so irrational, random, and contradictory. There's no rhyme or reason other than who happened to peer pressure most effectively. Memes come to be pretty much for no reason other than this.
---
lol assault rifles are machine guns.... d'oh! :P btw so are submgs and anything that has automatic fire.
~squiggy9996999