Ryse: Son of Rome - Combat Update

#1SoulTrapperPosted 9/1/2013 5:20:40 AM(edited)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogL2DaxIsM

-QTEs were too challenging
-now you can't fail QTEs
-getting to the QTE is most of the challenge
-Casuals are now called "midcore gamers"

---
PSN: El_Coon
#2YeomanlyPosted 9/1/2013 5:23:06 AM
Multiplayer in this game needs a lot of work, next gen so far has been really bad on the games, all being rushed. :(
#3SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 6:06:13 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Multiplayer in this game needs a lot of work, next gen so far has been really bad on the games, all being rushed. :(

Yeah, I agree, a lot of games seem to suffer from having to make the console launch deadline.

Ryse is a good example of this: it's a great idea, the graphics look very nice, but the game play seems to have been an afterthought.

Ryse seems o be more of a tech demo for the xbox than an actual game.
---
#4656stoogePosted 9/1/2013 8:26:47 AM
Crytek need to play Ninja Gaiden 2 if they think you can't make a game with cool combat that focuses on multiple enemies at once.

I was willing to give this game the benefit of the doubt, but it's looking more and more like a tech demo for your average casual to show off to his friends, rather than something you ant to actually sped time playing.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#5ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/1/2013 8:29:50 AM
Maybe midcore is the term for people in between casual and hardcore (like the many "gamers" who buy every CoD or sports games).
#6squarex8264Posted 9/1/2013 8:35:57 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Maybe midcore is the term for people in between casual and hardcore (like the many "gamers" who buy every CoD or sports games).

The industry typically calls those "franchise gamers", but yes, there are many classifications of gamers between casual/hardcore.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#7L4YER_CAKEPosted 9/1/2013 8:38:57 AM
oh my god "midcore"

ugh. gross.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#8SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 9:29:59 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

That would make sense if the game wasn't so clearly aimed at casuals.

The entire game is just button mashing up to a QTE you can't fail.
It's pretty much as casual as an action game can get.
---
#9muffinmasherPosted 9/1/2013 9:49:58 AM
Glad to see that they think your average "midcore" gamer is too dumb to handle QTEs.

I hope this game tanks so nobody tries this again.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#10LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/1/2013 9:55:40 AM
Midcore

OMG it's perfect, buzzword of the generation. I'm excited to see how it can be topped in the future years : D
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009