Ryse: Son of Rome - Combat Update

#21RufusIohrPosted 9/2/2013 2:51:26 AM
So, what's Crytek's history? They made crap like this before? This their first game? They're actually good and this was just a horrible mistake?
---
"Memory Make..."
#22656stoogePosted 9/2/2013 3:04:38 AM
RufusIohr posted...
So, what's Crytek's history? They made crap like this before? This their first game? They're actually good and this was just a horrible mistake?

They made: Far Cry, which was great.

Then Crysis, which wasn't that fun to play but looked amazing.

Then Crysis 2 that was a little bit better to play, but they did remove and dumb down a lot of the features from the first game.

Then Crysis 3, which is apparently 4 or 5 hours long and nothing really special.

Basically they make really pretty games with average gameplay. Their console support is also pathetic, and they refuse to patch serious glitches in their campaigns, instead focusing on try to fix their really crappy multiplayer components that are nearly always dead on arrival.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#23BudWisenheimerPosted 9/2/2013 3:08:51 AM(edited)
656stooge posted...
RufusIohr posted...

They made: Far Cry, which was great.

Then Crysis, which wasn't that fun to play but looked amazing.

Then Crysis 2 that was a little bit better to play, but they did remove and dumb down a lot of the features from the first game.

Then Crysis 3, which is apparently 4 or 5 hours long and nothing really special.

Basically they make really pretty games with average gameplay. Their console support is also pathetic, and they refuse to patch serious glitches in their campaigns, instead focusing on try to fix their really crappy multiplayer components that are nearly always dead on arrival.

That wasn't a serious question. He's just bumping old Ryse topics from earlier today about the bad multiplayer because the new singleplayer trailer looks good.
#24656stoogePosted 9/2/2013 3:17:33 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...

That wasn't a serious question. He's just bumping old Ryse topics from earlier today about the bad multiplayer because the new singleplayer trailer looks good.

So he done made me look a fool? Son of a...
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#25BudWisenheimerPosted 9/2/2013 3:27:31 AM
656stooge posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Nah. I only noticed because two negative topics got bumped at almost the same time by the same person from several hours ago right after I'd just finished watching the new trailer. Seemed odd so I glanced at the time stamps.
#26RufusIohrPosted 9/2/2013 4:30:04 AM
656stooge posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Don't listen to the xbot. He's wrong, as usual. I really wasn't sure what Crytek made. By the way, Bud, nothing about Ryse looks good. It looks like crap. What's with that damn "A"?
---
"Memory Make..."
#27SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 6:30:54 AM
twotoothmcgee posted...

Really? Its graphics might be my biggest disappointment. All of the gameplay videos I've watched looked mediocre graphically.

If you're on a PC, they won't be anything special and there are much better looking games coming out for next gen already, that's true.

But compared to current gen console games, it looks quite nice.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#28XechsPosted 9/2/2013 7:31:10 AM
I really wish those rome games from capcom got sequels. Seems like they had nice foundation just needed a bit more tweaks and improvements.

I do like the setting though, and I feel that's the games biggest strength, there are plenty on PC but not so much on consoles.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#29RufusIohrPosted 9/3/2013 11:29:26 PM
RufusIohr posted...
656stooge posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Don't listen to the xbot. He's wrong, as usual. I really wasn't sure what Crytek made. By the way, Bud, nothing about Ryse looks good. It looks like crap. What's with that damn "A"?

Bud? Where'd you go, Bud? Hiding on De Nile river? I hear that IT'S NICE THERE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!
---
"Memory Make..."