Microsoft rushing the Xbone and it's games...

#1BkzIzuPosted 9/1/2013 9:57:59 AM
But now the launch titles are surrounded with negative news.

Ryse-Every single video I've seen the gameplay looks terrible, mash A and QTE not to mention the game is filled with micro-transactions. Just look at some of these gifs and see how glitchy and bad the combat is.
http://i.minus.com/iN3Rnq8PGzqrV.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibhnBoJCvrvTRV.gif
http://i.minus.com/iK2tFbj9v8FrN.gif

Forza 5- They're shipping Forza as an incomplete game, and you'll have to download and update the rest of the game. I cannot stand practices like these. They should have pushed the date back for the game and actually have completed it.

Killer Instinct- This was my biggest disappointment as I love fighters but with latest news abut how they're introducing newer characters instead of the older classics from Killer Instinct it pisses me off. Not to mention this also being rushed as there's only 6 characters at launch.....

Dead Rising 3 - This game is having a hard time reaching 30 fps...

Not to mention games like Sunset Overdrive which were shown at E3 haven't shown a single gameplay footage so its hard to be excited for games like that...
It seems as Microsoft is rushing the Xbone and it's games at launch either you haven't seen any gameplay or it buggy glitch game or it's an incomplete game. I'd rather have Micrrosoft delay the Xbone and actually release it when it's ready as it giving me doubts the system itself is ready and it might have high failure rate just like the original 360.
#2INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/1/2013 9:59:51 AM
You have every right to be concerned. However, I am not going to judge until released as final products.
#3YeomanlyPosted 9/1/2013 10:00:12 AM
Agree, all of next gen is being rushed from all sides, WiiU should have been this xmas with it's games, PS4/XBO next xmas with stable OS.
#4ExempliGratiaPosted 9/1/2013 10:01:58 AM
They explained forza dl is just like when you had to install a disc in forza 4 except online. The game can be played and you can level up but you won't have all the tracks.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/1/2013 10:05:51 AM
I like that people fault Ryse for the "microtransactions," but Battlefield 4 is doing the exact same thing and people don't have a single bad thing to say. Gamers like to pile hate on things they dislike without actually formulating logical responses. Ryse does not look great, though, but I think Crytek is a terrible game developer all around. Crytek makes games to sell engines, not to sell games. It's important to remember that.

Calling Forza 5 an incomplete game is misguided. Did you see the interview with the producer? He said that you can beat the game without downloading the day one content, and then said something along the lines of 'when is the game complete? We'll continue to release new cars and new tracks throughout the life of the game - we don't think that makes it incomplete at launch.'
Arguably, the idea that any game is "complete" at launch is rapidly degrading in modern video gaming. With almost every game coming out with wide arrays of post-release content, how can you argue that any game is complete with launch? Is Grand Theft Auto 5 complete at launch if GTA-Online won't release for an additional two weeks? Is Battlefield 4 complete at launch if there are five planned additional content packages?
As above - why criticize Forza 5 for something that we do not criticize other games for?

I don't know enough about the Killer Instinct history, but if you 'buy' Killer Instinct for $20, you get eight characters (with two of those coming later). They plan to support Killer Instinct in seasons of characters.

Dead Rising 3 is inexcusable and I hope the game flops critically and commercially and the lesson shouted to the entire world is "we will not accept poor frame rates any longer."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6FinzFan4lifePosted 9/1/2013 10:06:08 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
They explained forza dl is just like when you had to install a disc in forza 4 except online. The game can be played and you can level up but you won't have all the tracks.

that does make it an incomplete shipped game but it still works.
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#7Foxx3kPosted 9/1/2013 10:07:18 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

Define "complete" in the context of a racing game.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/1/2013 10:10:22 AM
Foxx3k posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

IMO, calling a game like Forza "incomplete" is like calling a game with finished DLC before release "incomplete."
#9FinzFan4lifePosted 9/1/2013 10:11:03 AM
BkzIzu posted...
But now the launch titles are surrounded with negative news.

Ryse-Every single video I've seen the gameplay looks terrible, mash A and QTE not to mention the game is filled with micro-transactions. Just look at some of these gifs and see how glitchy and bad the combat is.
http://i.minus.com/iN3Rnq8PGzqrV.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibhnBoJCvrvTRV.gif
http://i.minus.com/iK2tFbj9v8FrN.gif

Forza 5- They're shipping Forza as an incomplete game, and you'll have to download and update the rest of the game. I cannot stand practices like these. They should have pushed the date back for the game and actually have completed it.

Killer Instinct- This was my biggest disappointment as I love fighters but with latest news abut how they're introducing newer characters instead of the older classics from Killer Instinct it pisses me off. Not to mention this also being rushed as there's only 6 characters at launch.....

Dead Rising 3 - This game is having a hard time reaching 30 fps...

Not to mention games like Sunset Overdrive which were shown at E3 haven't shown a single gameplay footage so its hard to be excited for games like that...
It seems as Microsoft is rushing the Xbone and it's games at launch either you haven't seen any gameplay or it buggy glitch game or it's an incomplete game. I'd rather have Micrrosoft delay the Xbone and actually release it when it's ready as it giving me doubts the system itself is ready and it might have high failure rate just like the original 360.

Ok bad gameplay and microtranactions and QTE style does not make game rushed and using gifs are a streatch for showing glitchy combat I have heard it is bad but that does not mean console is rushed.

Killer instinct- you actually didn't give a reason for it being rushed.

I don't think they said Sunset over drive was a launch title

and when you have that much going on in DR3 it will have slight hic-ups but I have seen gameplay and really it is barely noticable
---
#10FinzFan4lifePosted 9/1/2013 10:13:02 AM
Foxx3k posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...

all the tracks that are in the game with out DLC on the disc, being able to play carerr mode with out having to get online to DL more content
---