Microsoft rushing the Xbone and it's games...

#11Foxx3kPosted 9/1/2013 11:15:11 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
Foxx3k posted...
FinzFan4life posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
They explained forza dl is just like when you had to install a disc in forza 4 except online. The game can be played and you can level up but you won't have all the tracks.

that does make it an incomplete shipped game but it still works.

Define "complete" in the context of a racing game.

all the tracks that are in the game with out DLC on the disc, being able to play carerr mode with out having to get online to DL more content

So, on one hand, you're saying that no game with DLC is ever complete. Okay. I think that's a ridiculous thing to say, but you're allowed to think that. In that case, almost every single game that ever releases is not complete. The Last of Us? Not complete - they just released an additional MP game mode.

On your more reasonable point - You can complete career mode without connecting to the internet. Therefore, the game is complete per your definition.

Thank you for playing along.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12Dudeman315Posted 9/1/2013 11:26:04 AM
"You just need to connect online eventually in order to complete the career mode."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/forza-motorsport-5-install-offline-details-clarified
#13Bikes-Posted 9/1/2013 11:34:53 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
They explained forza dl is just like when you had to install a disc in forza 4 except online. The game can be played and you can level up but you won't have all the tracks.

The fact that people still believe those 2 things are the same is incredibly depressing.
Not enough disk space=/= not having the time to finish the content before making the disks.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#14leftwich7Posted 9/1/2013 11:53:42 AM
What I don't understand is people crying about having to go online to download the rest of Forza when u have to connect online to download a patch for Xbox itself. Either way you are going to be connecting online. Also every new game that comes out have you downloading an update right out of the box. For all we know the game was incomplete. Only difference here is Turn 10 admitted that you have to download the rest of the game. How many other companies do this and get away with it without our knowledge?

Its not going to be a problem with other games as long as it isn't rushed.
---
Call me T.D. Jakes, because I'll lay hands on you in this Madden. All are welcome to receive this Salvation.
#15BroncavPosted 9/1/2013 12:16:56 PM
Another topic expressing concern from a "New User." Surprise, surprise.
---
Being a fanboy = Defending and dedicating yourself to a piece of plastic, made by a corporation that doesn't care about you anyway.
#16Orange_ApplesPosted 9/1/2013 12:23:01 PM
BkzIzu posted...
Killer Instinct- This was my biggest disappointment as I love fighters but with latest news abut how they're introducing newer characters instead of the older classics from Killer Instinct it pisses me off. Not to mention this also being rushed as there's only 6 characters at launch.....

This is the only one I have issue with. Every fighting game in the history of ever always has new characters with each iteration of the franchise. Street Fighter 4 has a bunch of characters that were new to the franchise that people quite love. There is no reason why people shouldn't love this new ninja girl demon character for KI.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#17MuryoPosted 9/1/2013 12:25:47 PM
Launch console in a rush, repent at leisure.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#18IroncondorzPosted 9/1/2013 12:37:17 PM
Some people like the planned Killer Instinct model. I'm not saying it will catch on or work out, but it is an interesting idea.

KI = 8 characters for $20 = $2.50 per character or $3.33 per character if you go by 6

Street Fighter IV was $60 and had 25 characters = $2.40 per character
Super was $40 and added +10 characters = $4.00 per character
AE was $15 and added +4 characters = $3.75 per character
Ultra is $15 for the upgrade and adds 5 char = $3.00 per character

That's 44 characters for $130 so $2.95 per character, making the SF4 pricing not that far off.

The issue is though, you have to upgrade SF4 if you want to keep on playing with latest updates and balances. Someone who payed $60 for SF4 can't play with the Ultra crowd if they have no interest in any of the new characters.

With the KI model, theoretically you could play "free Jago" pay $0 and get the latest updates and continue playing for nothing even when newer characters come out. If your "main" is in the first season or even second season, you don't have to keep buying more updates to stay current. You have the benefit of being able to wait to upgrade or even skipping upgrades without being left in the dust.

Now I'm not bashing the SS4 model, it is a popular enough game to keep on paying for the updates and forced upgrades keep some of the "casuals" away (which is good and bad), but KI really wouldn't work with that model IMO. This is part of the reason games like Blazblue aren't more popular.
#19BkzIzu(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 12:38:11 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Killer Instinct- This was my biggest disappointment as I love fighters but with latest news abut how they're introducing newer characters instead of the older classics from Killer Instinct it pisses me off. Not to mention this also being rushed as there's only 6 characters at launch.....

This is the only one I have issue with. Every fighting game in the history of ever always has new characters with each iteration of the franchise. Street Fighter 4 has a bunch of characters that were new to the franchise that people quite love. There is no reason why people shouldn't love this new ninja girl demon character for KI.

The difference the last time a Killer Instinct was released was in 1996. So if they decided to go with the older roster it would have appealed to both new and older fans. Older fans have the sense of nostalgia and for newer fans these characters are 'new' but if they decided to put new characters which would only appeal to the newer fans,
A win-wins situation would have been if they put the original characters as the launch roster as the roster number was already limited 6 people only. Once they were done with the original characters then they should have added a new one.
#20MrImpatient35Posted 9/1/2013 12:45:03 PM
I'll be worried in October. I think it's too early to judge right now.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!