Microsoft rushing the Xbone and it's games...

#41chiefofsb78Posted 9/2/2013 7:16:32 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Agree, all of next gen is being rushed from all sides, WiiU should have been this xmas with it's games, PS4/XBO next xmas with stable OS.

All sides lol nice try
Everything is looking good on the Sony side bro
---
killerinstinctonline
#42Foxx3kPosted 9/2/2013 8:16:03 AM
CapnStanky posted...
Using this idiotic "having a hard time reaching 30 FPS" logic must also be applied to PS4 launch titles. Drive Club is "targeting" 60FPS but all demos are 30. Killzone is targeting 60 FPS in multiplayer only, and has dips down to 20 at the demo at PAX, and the single player is 30 FPS only, but it also dips below that. The demo of Knack at PAX has framerate issues.

So using your logic, Sony is rushing the PS3.5 and its games.

Am I doing this fanboy nonsense properly?

Pssssst, launch games are almost always rushed and less than stellar because the SDKs and XDKs during development are constantly influx. It's hard to develop a game like that. That's why EA games in the first year are notoriously similar to the prior gen's versions.

I agree. It's inexcusable. Just because Sony and Microsoft are doing it does not make it okay.

We shouldn't put up with pathetic frame rates anymore. I hope every game that can't maintain at LEAST 30FPS is a critical and commercial total failure. And I hope that any MP game that isn't 60FPS is brutally ignored by the community.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#43dj___rollPosted 9/2/2013 11:11:58 AM
Quote:Some people like the planned Killer Instinct model. I'm not saying it will catch on or work out, but it is an interesting idea.

KI = 8 characters for $20 = $2.50 per character or $3.33 per character if you go by 6

Street Fighter IV was $60 and had 25 characters = $2.40 per character
Super was $40 and added +10 characters = $4.00 per character
AE was $15 and added +4 characters = $3.75 per character
Ultra is $15 for the upgrade and adds 5 char = $3.00 per character

That's 44 characters for $130 so $2.95 per character, making the SF4 pricing not that far off.

The issue is though, you have to upgrade SF4 if you want to keep on playing with latest updates and balances. Someone who payed $60 for SF4 can't play with the Ultra crowd if they have no interest in any of the new characters.

With the KI model, theoretically you could play "free Jago" pay $0 and get the latest updates and continue playing for nothing even when newer characters come out. If your "main" is in the first season or even second season, you don't have to keep buying more updates to stay current. You have the benefit of being able to wait to upgrade or even skipping upgrades without being left in the dust.

Now I'm not bashing the SS4 model, it is a popular enough game to keep on paying for the updates and forced upgrades keep some of the "casuals" away (which is good and bad), but KI really wouldn't work with that model IMO. This is part of the reason games like Blazblue aren't more popular.

@Ironcondorz

Or you can just buy the retail Ultra version for $40 and get 44 characters. That's less than $1 per character. I don't see why you have to buy all the games...
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#44IroncondorzPosted 9/2/2013 1:33:20 PM
dj___roll posted...
Quote:Some people like the planned Killer Instinct model. I'm not saying it will catch on or work out, but it is an interesting idea.

KI = 8 characters for $20 = $2.50 per character or $3.33 per character if you go by 6

Street Fighter IV was $60 and had 25 characters = $2.40 per character
Super was $40 and added +10 characters = $4.00 per character
AE was $15 and added +4 characters = $3.75 per character
Ultra is $15 for the upgrade and adds 5 char = $3.00 per character

That's 44 characters for $130 so $2.95 per character, making the SF4 pricing not that far off.

The issue is though, you have to upgrade SF4 if you want to keep on playing with latest updates and balances. Someone who payed $60 for SF4 can't play with the Ultra crowd if they have no interest in any of the new characters.

With the KI model, theoretically you could play "free Jago" pay $0 and get the latest updates and continue playing for nothing even when newer characters come out. If your "main" is in the first season or even second season, you don't have to keep buying more updates to stay current. You have the benefit of being able to wait to upgrade or even skipping upgrades without being left in the dust.

Now I'm not bashing the SS4 model, it is a popular enough game to keep on paying for the updates and forced upgrades keep some of the "casuals" away (which is good and bad), but KI really wouldn't work with that model IMO. This is part of the reason games like Blazblue aren't more popular.

@Ironcondorz

Or you can just buy the retail Ultra version for $40 and get 44 characters. That's less than $1 per character. I don't see why you have to buy all the games...

No one is stopping someone from waiting to buy KI when it is cheaper. It's been almost 5 years since SF4 has been released. I think it is pretty much a given that early adopters are going to pay more than someone who waits. The point of the comparison is SF4's pricing model isn't that different.

Now if someone wants to say "Hey Ultra is a better deal today" no problem but that doesn't erase how Capcom priced the game.
#4595_EclipsePosted 9/2/2013 2:03:31 PM
It makes me sad to see people defend what they are doing with Forza. The people supporting this practice shouldn't be allowed to buy anything at all without adult supervision, regardless of their physical age.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#46Foxx3kPosted 9/2/2013 2:05:40 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
It makes me sad to see people defend what they are doing with Forza. The people supporting this practice shouldn't be allowed to buy anything at all without adult supervision, regardless of their physical age.

Well I'd be fine if gaming went totally digital, so, as you can probably tell, I don't care if a game "requires" a day one download.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4795_EclipsePosted 9/2/2013 2:14:39 PM
Foxx3k posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

Well I'd be fine if gaming went totally digital, so, as you can probably tell, I don't care if a game "requires" a day one download.

You'd be fine getting a lot less good games too then, since the market would be drastically smaller if it went all digital.

I never did understand that hyper selfish desire for "all digital" anyway. Thankfully you're still in the extreme minority.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.