please tell me the xbox 1 plays audio cds and dvd movies

#21bessy67Posted 9/1/2013 11:06:15 PM
Foppe posted...
bessy67 posted...
I have a pretty big catalog of DVDs, and even though I could play them on other devices I'd like to play them all on my Xbox One.

And I prefer to wear down my consoles optical drives by playing games, not movies.

Cool, good for you. A lot of us use our consoles for more than just games though.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#22ghostofspartap(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 11:06:29 PM
Gietzy posted...
ghostofspartap posted...
this is ridiculous the only company from i can accept a thing like this its from nintendo but microsoft and sony? lol looks like theyre rushing their crappy machines to make it cheaper. how the hell the ps4 want to compete with the pc if it doesnt even play music cds and dvds.the crappiest computer of all plays these formats. what a shame sony and microsoft

1) Why is it OK for Nintendo but not for Sony and MS?
2) My PC is probably better than yours and it doesn't play CDs, DVDs, BDs or any other optical media.

lol here we go: nintendo can because they never had release a console with dvd/ music cd so i dont care. and of course you pc its better than mine.i dont own pc. i hate them.they became slow. and 100% of the pcs finish in the garbage can like the 5 pc i owned in the past. so you will soon wiil kiss in the garbage can your aproxx one thousand dollar machine that lasts you like 4 years
---
PSN-P4R4N01AK<----> WIIU-heroeoftime <----> THE WIIU :EIGHT GENERATION SLEEPING GIANT
#23lazer_licePosted 9/1/2013 11:06:37 PM
ghostofspartap posted...
im very upset with sony for removing these features from the ps4... if xone plays dvd movies and music cds ill give my money to microsoft

LMAO dvds???? What are u a caveman?! ROFL
#24GietzyPosted 9/1/2013 11:15:31 PM
ghostofspartap posted...
Gietzy posted...
ghostofspartap posted...
this is ridiculous the only company from i can accept a thing like this its from nintendo but microsoft and sony? lol looks like theyre rushing their crappy machines to make it cheaper. how the hell the ps4 want to compete with the pc if it doesnt even play music cds and dvds.the crappiest computer of all plays these formats. what a shame sony and microsoft

2) My PC is probably better than yours and it doesn't play CDs, DVDs, BDs or any other optical media.

lol here we go: nintendo can because they never had release a console with dvd/ music cd so i dont care. and of course you pc its better than mine.i dont own pc. i hate them.they became slow. and 100% of the pcs finish in the garbage can like the 5 pc i owned in the past. so you will soon wiil kiss in the garbage can your aproxx one thousand dollar machine that lasts you like 4 years

Your first point makes no logical sense. Nintendo, XBox and PS brands all compete in the same market place so lack of a feature in one is judged next to its presence or absence in all 3 systems. Your second point seems to go against your initial argument:
how the hell the ps4 want to compete with the pc if it doesnt even play music cds and dvds.the crappiest computer of all plays these formats
Obviously the answer to that is;
they became slow. and 100% of the pcs finish in the garbage can
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#25ghostofspartap(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 11:18:53 PM
Gietzy posted...
ghostofspartap posted...
Gietzy posted...
ghostofspartap posted...

Your first point makes no logical sense. Nintendo, XBox and PS brands all compete in the same market place so lack of a feature in one is judged next to its presence or absence in all 3 systems. Your second point seems to go against your initial argument:
how the hell the ps4 want to compete with the pc if it doesnt even play music cds and dvds.the crappiest computer of all plays these formats

if you say so
---
PSN-P4R4N01AK<----> WIIU-heroeoftime <----> THE WIIU :EIGHT GENERATION SLEEPING GIANT
#26GietzyPosted 9/1/2013 11:24:15 PM(edited)
ghostofspartap posted...
Gietzy posted...
ghostofspartap posted...
Gietzy posted...
ghostofspartap posted...

if you say so

Good rebuttal of my arguments.
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#27blacklabelicePosted 9/1/2013 11:26:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#28blacklabelicePosted 9/1/2013 11:31:49 PM(edited)
ps4 will play blue ray and dvd's no problem. i dont know why you figure it wont. where are you coming up with that theory that it wont?? youve obviously been trolled. i also have a hard time believing MS would block out dvd's as well. thats just plain silly.

but i dont see whats wrong with doing away with audio cds. nobody really uses those things any more.
#29FoppePosted 9/2/2013 12:01:55 AM
bessy67 posted...
Foppe posted...
bessy67 posted...
I have a pretty big catalog of DVDs, and even though I could play them on other devices I'd like to play them all on my Xbox One.

And I prefer to wear down my consoles optical drives by playing games, not movies.

Cool, good for you. A lot of us use our consoles for more than just games though.

And it's thank to you that we will never see a pure console using all it's power for the games again, and instead having consoles where lots of potential power is wasted in case somebody wants to listen to music, browse facebook, having a skype call and watching a movie at the same time as playing a game.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#30FustmonkeyPosted 9/2/2013 12:31:29 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...
oh good, thanks for making two topics on this idiotic subject. Please just get an Xbox One. I really would rather not run into you on psn.

It's funny because from where I am, all I see on this board are sony fans who act like complete douchebags. If that's representative of PSN it sounds like PSN is a bunch of pissy 4th graders.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"