So, what if the Xbox One........

#1DOWBLACKNINJAPosted 9/2/2013 11:22:10 AM
Is indeed more powerful than the PS4. This guy seems to think so and has some pretty good theories and links to make a good argument. If that NDA is in place MS really has people mouths tightly sealed.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rumor-xbox-one-will-be-more-powerful-than-ps4.453317631/
---
Gamefaqs where opinions becomes facts.
Tmo U.S. Galaxy S4
#2Exodus_PrimePosted 9/2/2013 11:23:32 AM
I wouldn't say more powerful but it might have more tricks up it's sleeve to create better graphics if it has to. Unlike the PS4 which can just use raw power.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#3RyuuHou25Posted 9/2/2013 11:26:15 AM
That guy is giving MS far too much credit there. That whole thing reads like some conspiracy theory >.>
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#4Foxx3kPosted 9/2/2013 11:29:41 AM
I feel like when you make an argument like this, you must also pair it with a hypothesis for what reason they would have to hide that information.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#5DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/2/2013 11:39:31 AM(edited)
Well it says that its illegal for MS to disclose any information about it until September 29th.

Pretty interesting. Makes me very excited to hear what they will announce later.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#6BloodyDove2vsPosted 9/2/2013 11:40:27 AM
seriously from a thread board
---
Microsoft equals Microtransactions plus smiles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#7Foxx3kPosted 9/2/2013 11:41:44 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Well it says that its illegal for MS to disclose any information about it until September 29th.

Pretty interesting. Makes me very excited to hear what they will announce later.

So the NDA is being driven by AMD rather than Microsoft?

That's ... incredibly peculiar. I don't know what to make of that.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#8DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/2/2013 11:47:26 AM
Well if it was up to MS, there would be no reason to have an NDA at all. AMD and Intel, however, do not care. AMD makes parts for both consoles and Nvidia probably hates both consoles equally for using AMD.

I think people forget that MS doesn't actually make the hardware inside.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#9cpcjlc3Posted 9/2/2013 12:09:27 PM
Lets analyze this logically for a minute. Most companies when partnered together to work on a project sign a NDA. For retail products, this NDA usually ends a certain amount of time before the projected release date to give the producing company time to market the product. If the Xbox One is being rushed to market like so many believe, the. The projected release date would have been pushed forward. This is possible because , unlike the closure date of the NDA which is legally binding, the release date is flexible.

Taking this into account, it is very possible that the NDA agreement would close in the latter part of the year if MS originally intended to release the Xbox One in 2014. This would have given MS time to market it. But to make the console more competitive, it had to be pushed forward closer to the PS4 release date.

On a side note, the people I think look like clowns are the ones that swear that the xbox is rushed, yet refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a NDA for the simple reason stated above.
#10Foxx3kPosted 9/2/2013 12:12:32 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
Lets analyze this logically for a minute. Most companies when partnered together to work on a project sign a NDA. For retail products, this NDA usually ends a certain amount of time before the projected release date to give the producing company time to market the product. If the Xbox One is being rushed to market like so many believe, the. The projected release date would have been pushed forward. This is possible because , unlike the closure date of the NDA which is legally binding, the release date is flexible.

Taking this into account, it is very possible that the NDA agreement would close in the latter part of the year if MS originally intended to release the Xbox One in 2014. This would have given MS time to market it. But to make the console more competitive, it had to be pushed forward closer to the PS4 release date.

On a side note, the people I think look like clowns are the ones that swear that the xbox is rushed, yet refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a NDA for the simple reason stated above.

The NDA supposedly lifts on September 30th, per that topic.

My conclusion is that the NDA is there because ATI wants to keep the technology from nVidia, rather than MS keeping it from Sony. I suspect that the technology (if any) is related to ATI's upcoming 8000 series cards which I think are rumored to be revealed this Q4 for a 2014 release. I speculate that the NDA is to cover up until that announcement... Or, the NDA is in place just in CASE the Xbox One used that technology. And the NDA could be in place for something that doesn't even exist.
---