Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only
2 years ago#1
Debating going digital with my one. However I wont go completely digital if it means contributing to putting people out of work.
2 years ago#2
Well Gamestop contributes to putting developers out of work, so...
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
2 years ago#3
I desperately hope that digital redemption codes are sold in retail stores (preferably more than just GameStop).

I want to go all digital because I see value in that, but that means giving up reward zone points, coupons, "competitive" pricing between BBY/Target/Amazon, etc.... and that just sucks.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
2 years ago#4
Good point about the game developers
2 years ago#5
bessy67 posted...

And here I was thinking bad games did that.
---
"The great thing about the internet is you can make up a quote and claim somebody famous said it." ---George Washington.
2 years ago#6
Would be nice to be able to get store specific preorder content with digital copies.
2 years ago#7
bessy67 posted...

And here I was thinking publishers did that.
2 years ago#8
They do redeem cards for things like DLC, but I don't think I've seen anything of the sort for actual games. That is something they should get on.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
2 years ago#9
Orange_Apples posted...
They do redeem cards for things like DLC, but I don't think I've seen anything of the sort for actual games. That is something they should get on.

Aren't those just the points though? I thought they were just enough points to buy that content.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
2 years ago#10
bessy67 posted...

And here I thought pirating did that
---
Yo dawg, I heard you like Macs, so I cut the brakes in your car.
GT: DiscoNRhyme
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived