Will GameStop sell digital games for Xbox One or physical only

#11Juvart24Posted 9/2/2013 4:02:04 PM
bessy67 posted...
Well Gamestop contributes to putting developers out of work, so...

And here I was thinking bad management and bloated budgets did that.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#12BudWisenheimerPosted 9/2/2013 4:15:41 PM
SilentS89 posted...
bessy67 posted...

And here I was thinking publishers did that.

Depends on whether the game you buy at Gamestop is new or used. If you only buy the game used then you are invisible to both the developer and publisher and haven't helped either of them keep their job. But Gamestop quietly thanks you. :-)
#13RedZakuPosted 9/2/2013 4:20:18 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
Depends on whether the game you buy at Gamestop is new or used. If you only buy the game used then you are invisible to both the developer and publisher and haven't helped either of them keep their job. But Gamestop quietly thanks you. :-)

So you're also buying into the bull**** MS and Publishers like EA are trying to sell you about how it's Gamestop's fault, not theirs?
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#14bessy67Posted 9/2/2013 4:24:52 PM
RedZaku posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

So you're also buying into the bull**** MS and Publishers like EA are trying to sell you about how it's Gamestop's fault, not theirs?

How is it BS? If you buy used, you are playing the game that the dev made and the publisher produced yet you are not paying either of them for that privilege.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#15D-Reaper16Posted 9/2/2013 4:29:47 PM
Foxx3k posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
They do redeem cards for things like DLC, but I don't think I've seen anything of the sort for actual games. That is something they should get on.

Aren't those just the points though? I thought they were just enough points to buy that content.

Nope I just bought pokemon rumble u and it was a code for the game not points. So in response to the first post gamestop already sells digital games.
#16Juvart24Posted 9/2/2013 4:31:49 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
SilentS89 posted...
bessy67 posted...

And here I was thinking publishers did that.

they need something to blame their own incompetence on. Used games just happens to be the target of this decade. I remember the good old days with rentals were killing them. Then pirates. Now used games. whats next? What ever it is we know it can't be their fault right? No way its bad business decisions. How would they get their multimillion dollar bonus's if they took the blame.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#17RedZakuPosted 9/2/2013 4:38:45 PM(edited)
bessy67 posted...
RedZaku posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

How is it BS? If you buy used, you are playing the game that the dev made and the publisher produced yet you are not paying either of them for that privilege.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/nyu-used-games-study/
If the marketplace of used videogames were to disappear, game publishers would see their profits decline unless they massively lowered game prices.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23396
In the last fiscal year, gross profit on used product almost reached $1 billion for the first time in the company's history. (The exact figure was $974.5 million, or 42.9% of the company's total gross profit.)

That's right even though it has the highest profit margin's Used Sales less than half of Gamestop's Revenue, so yeah, the majority of people still seem to be purchasing NEW games.

As one NeoGaf Commenter said: You admit you only hold this view because of the detrimental effects (you think) are impacting the industry. You are asserting that a fundamental aspect of property rights and consumer rights as it has existed since the beginning of trade should be adjusted and recodified on a per-industry basis, not because it's inherently bad or unethical, but just because you think it's a threat to the industry's health. Which means you are essentially arguing for protectionism for corporations--consumers are free to exercise their consumer rights only up to a certain point, but if that free exercise is perceived to threaten the viability of the industry, then their rights must be limited in order to save the industry.

You're basically fighting against Consumer Rights and why are you doing this Bessy? Because you feel it hurts an industry despite the fact that according to the First Link it's the only thing keeping the Industry going because New Prices are too high.
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#18NeoMonkPosted 9/2/2013 4:34:24 PM
Umm They have Pokemon Rumble U for WII U which is a digital game for sale and they give you some sort of toy... so I'd say if they're allowed to sell u a code on a receipt they will do it.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#19BudWisenheimerPosted 9/3/2013 10:56:03 AM
RedZaku posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...

Read exactly what I said more carefully. If you buy a game used then the publisher and developer do not see any of that money. You are invisible to them. It does not help them in any way keep their jobs. That is an undeniable fact. I'm not making any moral statements or giving a f*** either way with that post. At most ... I e-smiled. Try to relax.