Next Gen vs. Current Gen

#1MrImpatient35Posted 9/2/2013 1:18:57 PM
What do you think next gen has over current gen? I keep seeing people make comments about how next gen isn't much of a jump over current gen, and I don't get that.

For one thing, visual fidelity will be FAR superior to current gen in a big, open world game like The Witcher 3. I'm sure that game wouldn't even be possible, on that scale, on current gen platforms. But I wanna hear what you think.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/2/2013 1:22:21 PM
People care too much about graphical fidelity.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3DelRowePosted 9/2/2013 1:25:14 PM
The people that complain about too small of a graphical jump aren't comparing the gens right. They're looking at games from 2012-2013, instead of from 2005-2006.
---
You are not in control.
#4SunDevil77Posted 9/2/2013 1:25:20 PM
The subtle things are the most important:
The ability to eliminate load times.
Having more enemies on screen.
More things happening on screen.
Streaming straight from console.
Persistant world games.
Indies, which also includes every console having the ability to create games.

Just to name a few.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 1:26:50 PM
I'm not sure about writing code for games, but I'm pretty sure that GBs of RAM make it a lot easier to make the worlds so big. Open world games seem to be the new popular thing next gen. Destiny, DR3, Black Flag, MGSV, etc. A lot of the games have big, open worlds.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#6jackorhoadsPosted 9/2/2013 3:32:58 PM
Foxx3k posted...
People care too much about graphical fidelity.

This.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#7ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/2/2013 3:34:44 PM
Visual fidelity is nice, but I really want more detail in game worlds. I want games like Skyrim to have more than 10 buildings in "major cities" and more AI doing more complex actions.
#8kakarot-uchihaPosted 9/2/2013 5:43:41 PM
and just think!!! last of u s and halo 4 were done with 512 MEG!!! MEEEGG!! damn this is gonna be awesome! its so cool to see. its so wierd to see people meh, i mean what are they doing here, ok they play, they check out the new stuff, 'meh', then they take time to post it? what? i like trolls better! at least theyre funny sometimes. but seriously a head to head console release with all the games trying to one up eachother, with brand new engines and graphics. indies on the same stage as ea. its far and away going to be the best to be a gamer.
#9JusticeSwordPosted 9/2/2013 5:55:10 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
The subtle things are the most important:
The ability to eliminate load times.
Having more enemies on screen.
More things happening on screen.
Streaming straight from console.
Persistant world games.
Indies, which also includes every console having the ability to create games.

Just to name a few.

These are very important, just having more of the things we like (NPCs, interactivity, fuller experiences), & less of the things we dont (less loading, less lag, less generic games thanks to indie titles) makes the coming gen full with potential.

& of course it doesnt hurt that theres a console thats cheaper than its predecessor & has some great subscription perks & a boatload of f2p games from day 1!
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#10matt-nicklinPosted 9/2/2013 11:37:43 PM
Day one, the games will basically be the same.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338