If your a multiplayer gamer, get an Xbox One.

#1pigman2003Posted 9/2/2013 3:04:31 PM
I assume this is the general consensus, that because the Xbox One has time exclusivity on big games like CoD and Battlefield as well as huge exclusive franchises like Halo and the new Titanfall and Xbox Live being the premium with dedicated servers and pushing the cloud that if your a gamer who spends a lot of time gaming online that the Xbox One is for you.

And if you don't spend a lot of time online then the PS4 is probably your console due to more features in front of a paywall and exclusive content for many single player games.

When you pay for Xbox Live you pay for the best online gaming service available, when you pay for PSN then your basically paying for a functional online service and free games.

Is this about right.
#2NatatteruPosted 9/2/2013 3:05:54 PM
I'm kinda surprised that when you said multiplayer gamer, you only mentioned FPS examples.

... On second thought, I'm not really surprised.
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#3tokenblackguy23Posted 9/2/2013 3:07:38 PM
pigman2003 posted...
I assume this is the general consensus, that because the Xbox One has time exclusivity on big games like CoD and Battlefield as well as huge exclusive franchises like Halo and the new Titanfall and Xbox Live being the premium with dedicated servers and pushing the cloud that if your a gamer who spends a lot of time gaming online that the Xbox One is for you.

And if you don't spend a lot of time online then the PS4 is probably your console due to more features in front of a paywall and exclusive content for many single player games.

When you pay for Xbox Live you pay for the best online gaming service available, when you pay for PSN then your basically paying for a functional online service and free games.

Is this about right.

http://i.imgur.com/gwVLi.gif
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#4NathanDrakeSwagPosted 9/2/2013 3:12:22 PM
I play lots of multiplayer and I'm getting PS4. $100 cheaper, 40% more powerful GPU, no Kinect and no DRM (M$ already said they will bring it back).
#5HiddenRoarPosted 9/2/2013 3:12:51 PM
Natatteru posted...
I'm kinda surprised that when you said multiplayer gamer, you only mentioned FPS examples.

... On second thought, I'm not really surprised.
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 9/2/2013 3:13:53 PM
I'm a singleplayer gamer, tc. Now what?
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#7LovecraftiangodPosted 9/2/2013 3:14:00 PM
I'll stick to my ps4.
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#8tokenblackguy23Posted 9/2/2013 3:14:12 PM
NathanDrakeSwag posted...
I play lots of multiplayer and I'm getting PS4. $100 cheaper, 40% more powerful GPU, no Kinect and no DRM (M$ already said they will bring it back).

NathanDrakeSwag...

http://i.imgur.com/gwVLi.gif
---
Baltimore Ravens!!!!!
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/2/2013 3:15:50 PM
why would you assume that was the general consensus?
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10josuna123Posted 9/2/2013 3:17:50 PM
pigman2003 posted...

Is this about right.

Pretty much this.

I mean, I even had several horror stories of singleplayer experiences on PS3 due to the autosave feature being tied to online servers, The Last of Us being the last one I remember. Lost easily 4 hours of SP and 5 hours of MP progress because of server maintenance and autosave bugs.

People say Xbox has given them issues too, but I only remember it being down once in the 5 years I've been playing online.

PS3 is singleplayer/bluray/netflix for me, with Xbox 360 serving its purpose for online gaming.