Xbox One cannot preload digital games*

#61SoulClankPosted 9/3/2013 7:37:51 AM
bessy67 posted...
Natatteru posted...
bessy67 posted...
They've already said you can play as you download, so why is preloading a big deal? XBL isn't like PSN, where people downloading a demo crashes the entire service.

Good job not reading and just bashing because you could.

What didn't I read? He implied that XBL wasn't reliable enough to handle the traffic, and I implied that it was.

Halo 4 comes out. Servers crash, new update for Xbox servers crash, why at random half the dashboard doesn't load, i'm sorry Xbox Video is not available right now please retry or try again later. You've been disconnected from Xbox LIVE (everyone uproars) 3 days later we all finally connect, *Xbox freezes*

Also I think one year during summer of arcade s*** started falling apart.

Personally I've never seen the servers on PSN go down because of traffic.
#62nameless0101Posted 9/3/2013 8:24:50 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
sworder posted...
bessy67 posted...
They've already said you can play as you download, so why is preloading a big deal? XBL isn't like PSN, where people downloading a demo crashes the entire service.

Pretty sure you have to download a few GBs of data before you start playing. The game won't just start off when you download the first megabyte, that's impossible

It's dumb you can't just preload the game and get it over with

the game would initially be streamed to your console as you download. Remember, for every Xbox One with the Cloud it is like you have 3 Xbox Ones, so one of those Xbox Ones is actually running the game while you are downloading. Then when the download is finished and the game is installed the game starts to run off of your hardware all to be completely seamless. Something like that.

How well it does this in the real world is hard to say.

Although I obviously don't have proof for either side of the argument here, I doubt that's the case. I expect it will work by downloading the bits for the section you are currently playing and therefore will have a minimum amount that needs to be downloaded before you can start playing. I mean it could be done in the way that you've suggested but even with the amount of servers Microsoft will have I think they would struggle to do that.

Although that's just my opinion.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#63bessy67Posted 9/3/2013 8:27:51 AM
SoulClank posted...
bessy67 posted...
Natatteru posted...
bessy67 posted...

What didn't I read? He implied that XBL wasn't reliable enough to handle the traffic, and I implied that it was.

Halo 4 comes out. Servers crash, new update for Xbox servers crash, why at random half the dashboard doesn't load, i'm sorry Xbox Video is not available right now please retry or try again later. You've been disconnected from Xbox LIVE (everyone uproars) 3 days later we all finally connect, *Xbox freezes*

What are you even talking about? None of that has happened...
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#64BudWisenheimerPosted 9/3/2013 8:33:36 AM
Foxx3k posted...
That could be "we'll do this more and more," but it does not address that this is a weakness of their ecosystem that is worth talking about.

More and more implies a rollout of the feature, which implies that it will be selective.

Just to clarify ... when you say "more and more" in quotes ... You're not quoting Whitten. Whitten said: "Not at launch, but you’ll see us do this and much more over the life of the program."

#65bob15xPosted 9/3/2013 8:39:28 AM
Ok so.

Digital gaming sucks, future way off, give me my physical disk. Hate digital.

Digital game cannot be preloaded - Damn you MS for making the console worse.

Anyone see the issue here.

People complain about digital then make it sound like console sucks because it doesn't do something for digital games.

pathetic.
#66ItIsOkBroPosted 9/3/2013 8:40:16 AM
Zero noteworthy benefits of going digital until this is implemented.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#67PsychoGatesPosted 9/3/2013 8:57:28 AM
SoulClank posted...
bessy67 posted...
Natatteru posted...
bessy67 posted...

umm I played Halo 4 at midnight after launch well into the night and never had a single issue...

troll perhaps?
#68Mister_LintonPosted 9/3/2013 10:21:27 AM
SoulClank posted...

Can't possibly imagine why...