Lets say goodbye to some of those great 7th gen games

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/2/2013 9:11:47 PM
With all this excitement for triple A's and indies, I think people forget all those middling developers who gave us some of the best gems of the 7th generation. Please post games you thought were forgotten in the sea of big budget titles and odd ball indie games.

For me I would have to start the list with Overlord. After beating Pikmin 3, I can say with absolute confidence that I found both Overlord 1&2 to be superior games. It had charm, humor, difficulty, less tutorials and hand holding, fun and constant progression and possessed far better controls than the crappy U Pad. I truly wish to see a sequel for next generation consoles.

Another long forgotten game is Marvel Ultimate Alliance. This had great gameplay, great characters, great representation of powers, fun loot and level design and a very fun co-op system. We need a new X-Men Legends/M:UA type game again from marvel. I'd take a new M:UA over D3 any day.

Also, Condemned has got to be the most exciting and atmospheric of all the horror/thrillers i played last generation. Better than Alan Wake, Siren, Silent Hill and what have you. Both 1&2 were amazing games and I cannot believe how good horror MULTIPLAYER was... Why did this game have to fail commercially?!

People ragged on Rare but in reality, people just couldn't appreciate any of the great games they made because they didn't have a big name license attached to it. Viva Pinata was an addiction and one of the most unique and well made games I've ever played. Kameo was a 3D platforming/action adventure in the vein of 3D Mario's and I thought it was a much better game with more variety, massive scale, lots of cool abilities and so on. Could be so much more given more time. The world of Kameo was a beautiful one.

I'd love to also give a shout to Kingdom Under Fire:COD, Culdcept, Bladestorm and the dead series, Darksiders (so sad...). I've got dozens of other games I'm going to miss and its sad to see some of the best gameplay being trampled by licensed characters and big advertisers.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2SyphonFilterAddictPosted 9/2/2013 9:44:13 PM
Love Condemned, but the second one was tweaked too much.
---
May 21, 2013 : RIP Xbox --- August 12, 2013 : Resurrected
#3INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/2/2013 9:46:05 PM
Darksiders is not dead. It was picked up, however it will be a few years until another will he made.
#4favcitadelstorePosted 9/2/2013 9:48:31 PM
I finished KUF on Xbox1...err Xbox original then played KUFCOD and was thoroughly disappointed. I Loved the xbox KUFs to death. Props to the devs for trying something new, but KUFCOD was megatastic fail.
---
Must read Xbone board topics:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66754864 http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#5NSGraphitePosted 9/2/2013 9:55:17 PM
I agree with the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance/X-men Legends games. Those were awesome and I would definitely like to see more. Those are the types of games I can play with my kids so I always keep an eye out for stuff like that.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#6zerooo0Posted 9/2/2013 10:14:16 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
Darksiders is not dead. It was picked up, however it will be a few years until another will he made.

Still hope, Nordic Games even said their will be another one in a few years. Hopefully they can get the original guys at Crytek USA to make it. Then we would have the best of both worlds.(Crytek USA is a lot of the older members who developed the Darksider series)

The Witcher 2, Halo 4, RDR, & soon to be GTAV great gen this has been for gaming.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#7DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 11:21:19 AM
Well this topic was more of a farewell to obscure titles that would probably never see a sequel. I don't think Halo, RDR or GTA is going to have a problem in that department.

Its really good to hear that Darksiders is possibly getting a sequel. Darksiders 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyward Sword. Its not even on the same level. Darksiders 2 had more interesting puzzles, more varied an interesting environments, better puzzles, far more abilities and skills that were integrated into a far superior and demanding combat system, had a diablo style loot that made getting items fun throughout and had a very unique story and setting with much better platforming. This is such an underated game.

I hope someone picks up Blur too. That was one hell of a good kart game.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8supermoc10Posted 9/3/2013 11:31:34 AM
Uncharted 2&3, The Last of Us, R&C: A Crack in Time, inFamous 2, MGS4, Darksiders 2, Far Cry 3, Halo Reach, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Journey, Castle Crashers
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"