this needs to be said.. ms has nothing to apologize for regarding business

#1kakarot-uchihaPosted 9/2/2013 10:39:46 PM
ms has nothing to apologize for from a corporate/business point of view. they have many products and they wanted brand synergy. the xboxone compliment/implements features of surface and further features and access with windows phone all using windows os. i honestly believe they were trying to reward this with a very versatile unified experience. how could any business not want that. AND they were coming off THE 360! they had every reason to believe they were gonna take all of their market and some of sonys........... then kinnect happened... its rarely said but the outcry, revolt, spying, dataming thing started on non-gaming sites. the debate about the affectiva bracelets and Q sensors is still having serious backlash, (these are biometric bracelets for kids in class with eye-movement tracking cameras to track if they are interested bored and feed that to the teachers to see whos listening and then the school and state to see the teachers who have bored or engaged students)........ i will say that i think the only connection bill gates has regarding affectiva inc. specifically was giving them the grant, it was only 1.4m and maybe he thought 'anything that can help education'. pure conjecture on my part. now the kinnect is out and is/was the central hub of the xbox1...... it is, simply put, the most sophisticated datamining tool we've ever seen. theres nothing else out there that can be an mri for a $200 attachment, it is leveraged in so many more ways than a 'camera'................. ill take it at face-value from their side. its a product that offers you an experience by running your behavior through algorithms and making predictions. it gives these to people to make product based on these predictions. example, you see ads and it measures how long you look and where on the ad if at all caught your attention at the same time its measuring the degree of your reaction by measuring your biorythms...... the upside to this, the value for the customer is that if your honest with kinnect, it should, in theory, show you ads you actually like and stop ones you dont.........as for games, they offer access to your algorthms by developers so in theory if you were seriously bored with a particular fetch quest then in the sequel you wouldn't have that quest. this is across the board xboxone IS kinnect. in theory as time goes by they can give you content you shouldn't bored with and never dissapoint...........now if i watch you watch a movie in your living room, stare as you play a game, record your work, eating habits, ITS CALLED F****** STALKING!!!!!!! datamining is spying-snooping. no nsa tinfoil hat whatever shallow insult is supposed to discredit and humiliate someone respecting their privacy and yours into backing down needed...... ms said "real-time access" for developers. forget the nsa and hackers, we're asked to trust every employee working with it. someone who makes fun of the tinfoil hat crowd likes to keep posting this barbrady boxers thing. ' nope, nothing to see here, move along, no one wants to see you in your boxers' it never phases or discredits anyone cause your right, no one does or cares. watching, having access to YOU doing stuff WITHOUT boxers is only worth pennies per month......but there is a media access out there thats worth a stupid amount......... i say that because its a valid concern to trust every ms employee that worked on it, every developer and all thier employees, every nsa agent, ex-agent........... arguably the worst case exploitation or one of but seriously, pulling a barbrady and saying just tinfoil hats believe in perverts and identity thieves, really? it really is the most advanced dynamic personal monitoring device to date. i honestly like the technology i really do and i think i explained its value to users better than they usually do. ms has security and theres an entire azure facility just for security, they 've already had kinnect and i dont want to scare people away just please use common sense and also unplug it at appropriate times.
#2INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/2/2013 10:42:22 PM
Lets make a word search out of this wall of text.

First person to find the word "common" gets a cookie.
#3SyphonFilterAddictPosted 9/2/2013 10:42:31 PM
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
---
May 21, 2013 : RIP Xbox --- August 12, 2013 : Resurrected
#4MajorPoopStormPosted 9/2/2013 10:43:00 PM
http://www.tickld.com/images/gif/f9a86baa4bacf4cc48216e2afe3fa1b0.gif
---
"You're talking to my PS4 console all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with your kinect."
Kazuo Hirai
#5Millertime660Posted 9/2/2013 10:43:27 PM
you gotta reformat that if you want everyone to read it dude...... that wall of text just punched me in the face!
#6INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/2/2013 10:48:37 PM
To sum it up:

Kinect will spy on you, forget NSA. Hackers are out there. Yada yada. We cannot trust Microsoft employees or developers not to spy on us. Something..something. .

I do not mean to troll, but dude..that wall is...unbearable.
#7MajorPoopStormPosted 9/2/2013 10:49:00 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

kakarot-uchiha posted...
i honestly like the technology i really do and i think i explained its value to users better than they usually do. ms has security and theres an entire azure facility just for security, they 've already had kinnect and i dont want to scare people away just please use common sense and also unplug it at appropriate times.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/images/assets_c/2010/10/Star-Trek-Wheres-Waldo-thumb-330x247-50068.gif
---
"You're talking to my PS4 console all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with your kinect."
Kazuo Hirai
#8INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/2/2013 10:51:32 PM
MajorPoopStorm posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...

kakarot-uchiha posted...
i honestly like the technology i really do and i think i explained its value to users better than they usually do. ms has security and theres an entire azure facility just for security, they 've already had kinnect and i dont want to scare people away just please use common sense and also unplug it at appropriate times.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/files/images/assets_c/2010/10/Star-Trek-Wheres-Waldo-thumb-330x247-50068.gif

http://31.media.tumblr.com/4575f6577e97dbd2d8dd4d6938d39547/tumblr_momvhfdfz71rolxxno1_500.gif
#9kakarot-uchiha(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 11:00:04 PM
sorry not reformatting that per say. feel free to randomlty hit enter in it tho. if you can do that in cut and paste. hmmm.... newsletter, thanks, idk
#10ManInGorillaSutPosted 9/2/2013 11:01:26 PM
They're called paragraphs and spacing, TC. If you hadn't failed middle school English you'd know what they were...
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO