Xbox One's External Storage Not Ready For Launch

#1NeoMonkPosted 9/2/2013 11:29:05 PM
Does External Storage not being ready for launch bother or matter to you? - Results (130 votes)
Yes it bothers me because I need all the space I can get!
9.23% (12 votes)
No I'm ok with 500 for awhile..
45.38% (59 votes)
LOL Another delayed feature?!
45.38% (59 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-external-storage-not-ready-for-launch-1242057811

I would love to make fun of this but in reality I'm more stunned at how does this even happen?
The USBs are there... I'm sure it can read a Thumbstick... What's the issue here?...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#2ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/2/2013 11:31:35 PM
Doesn't really bother me too much. What does bother me is that I would be able to swap the internal HDD out with a universal HDD. Hell, I'd even like the option to swap it out with even proprietary ones if I could. I don't like proprietary HDDs, but it's better than nothing.
#3Millertime660Posted 9/2/2013 11:33:07 PM
All of these polls should just say..... how many xbox fans and how many playstation fans are on the xbox message boards hahaha
#4NeoMonk(Topic Creator)Posted 9/2/2013 11:34:33 PM
Millertime660 posted...
All of these polls should just say..... how many xbox fans and how many playstation fans are on the xbox message boards hahaha

Couldn't WhiteKnight on your main account huh had to make a new one...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#5Millertime660Posted 9/2/2013 11:38:14 PM
NeoMonk posted...
Millertime660 posted...

Couldn't WhiteKnight on your main account huh had to make a new one...

huh?
#6nameless0101Posted 9/3/2013 8:04:32 AM
The biggest issue I have with this is that Sony could just turn around and say the same thing, in my opinion it renders the fact that PS4 currently can't do this pretty moot because for all we know it will be patched in early on.

Makes me think that Microsoft jumped the gun on announcing it as a feature even if it wont effect many people this early on.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag DeludedFool
PSN Name also DeludedFool
#7Wreck_ChordsPosted 9/3/2013 9:05:55 AM
There's a good chance I won't need this feature throughout the entire life cycle, so as long as they have it out within a year, I think people will be happy.
---
GamerTag: Sic DieshinZ
#8Masterchief5525Posted 9/3/2013 9:16:04 AM
I'll be good for over a year with that 500gb, but that feature will likely come in the first year anyway.
#9M_TollitsonPosted 9/3/2013 10:10:56 AM
I like the way this poll is done. The third option makes it really easy to see how many of the votes were from ponies.
#10supermoc10Posted 9/3/2013 10:59:30 AM
Doesn't matter to me considering I'm not getting one at launch. Also, I'll only play the exclusives on it (PS4 will be main) so even though I download all my games, I think I'll be fine with 500GB. Unless Microsoft comes up with something on the level of the PS Plus IGC, which I doubt will ever happen.

nameless0101 posted...
The biggest issue I have with this is that Sony could just turn around and say the same thing, in my opinion it renders the fact that PS4 currently can't do this pretty moot because for all we know it will be patched in early on.

Makes me think that Microsoft jumped the gun on announcing it as a feature even if it wont effect many people this early on.

Good point.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"