I feel bad for anyone jumping on the ps4 fanboy band wagon

#1Kosmo240985Posted 9/3/2013 10:22:00 AM
Seriously. I understand all the hate toward MS. I do.

Their reveal and PR that followed was a disaster.

it was bound to happen eventually.

i mean look at Sony. They had a horrible release last year with nearly the same mistakes.

600 dollar system, crap policies, horrible online exp.

but they learned and changed.

they reversed many policies themselves.

Sony has had their fair share of disasters too. ps2 disaster that they never fixed of even admitted. ps3 launch disaster, huge serverside hack with sensitive info lost...

so yea, sony learned.

MS had a vision that many of us didn't like, and they changed as well. they learned from what the public wanted and switched.

i think that since MS fans have given so much crap to sony fans over the years that finally when MS messed up sony fans jumped into the fray first chance with torches and pitchforks.

also MS had a lot to live up to with it's MS fans and it looks like when they initially dissapointed and when the sony fans jumped int o take advantage the MS fans lost hope and jumped ship.

in all honesty just get a system you want and enjoy it.....video games are supposed to be a form of entertainment....we're not religion people....we don't casue needlesss conflict over whos god has the biggest epeen...
---
GT: Kozzie85
#2TeremeiPosted 9/3/2013 10:30:07 AM
I forgave and forgave and forgave. Honestly didn't care about most of the stuff. Because the controller and kinect 2.0 were enough to keep my hyped.

Until it finally just became too much. Locking away the TV guide behind live gold was me realizing they aren't actually making this console for me, the gamer. They are doing it to make money and money only. Then when I saw the Forza 5 limited edition it was just further proof. A lame steelbook with a couple exclusive cars. They even have some exclusive cars tied to the basic "day one" edition, and to buying live gold. So I don't even get all the cars in the $70 overpriced version?

Look you can say well OF COURSE Sony and Nintendo care about money. But there is a different mindset I am feeling from Microsoft. With Nintendo and Sony it feels like "What great fun games can I make to sell to the consumer?". With MS it's "What great experiences can we make to lock our consumer into a subscription?"

Sony offers free game after free game to entice me. Microsoft locks away basic features and DLC that should be included in a $70 game to "entice" me.
---
last $$: SMTIV, M&L: DT :: Playing: M&L DT
Kinect basic features behind paywall was the final straw, hi PS4!
#3regsantotomasPosted 9/3/2013 10:33:47 AM
Did we really need a variant of this against the PS4? The moderated Xbox One topic was bad enough.

Nobody should "feel bad" for anyone else's entertainment choices.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#4NCPwnPosted 9/3/2013 10:34:34 AM
I personally can't get behind any paywall multiplayer, so both companies have lost a customer.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#5chrish909Posted 9/3/2013 10:36:03 AM
Yea me too. After e3 people just went crazy about the ps4. Imo it was because of the crowd going crazy off of everything sony people said like little girls at q justin beiber concert. I actually closed the stream, I felt embarassed for watching it. Now months later we see its bassically infamous 3 and killzone 4 vs ms' s mass lineup. Killzone and infamous didnt sell amazingly, Im not sure how sequals will sell if the first ones werent huge hits.

Playstation gamers are more hardcore than xboxers, thats why the preorder numbers are that way. A lot of people are going to be upset when it turns out that xbox comes out on top.

Titanfall and dedicated servers are gonna be huge next gen.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 9/3/2013 10:36:48 AM
regsantotomas posted...

---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 10:37:39 AM
Teremei posted...
I forgave and forgave and forgave. Honestly didn't care about most of the stuff. Because the controller and kinect 2.0 were enough to keep my hyped.

Until it finally just became too much. Locking away the TV guide behind live gold was me realizing they aren't actually making this console for me, the gamer. They are doing it to make money and money only. Then when I saw the Forza 5 limited edition it was just further proof. A lame steelbook with a couple exclusive cars. They even have some exclusive cars tied to the basic "day one" edition, and to buying live gold. So I don't even get all the cars in the $70 overpriced version?

Look you can say well OF COURSE Sony and Nintendo care about money. But there is a different mindset I am feeling from Microsoft. With Nintendo and Sony it feels like "What great fun games can I make to sell to the consumer?". With MS it's "What great experiences can we make to lock our consumer into a subscription?"

Sony offers free game after free game to entice me. Microsoft locks away basic features and DLC that should be included in a $70 game to "entice" me.

First off...it's been proven the TV features do not require xbox live. Second you're blaming MS for the limited edition of Forza? it's not even developed by microsoft. the dlc and content is all developer features.

and the paywall thing is just a ridiculous excuse...you pay to use the MS servers, not the actual apps. the apps are a part of the servers. you're not paying to use netfliz....you're paying to use their servers which happens to have netflix on there.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#8phoenix9291Posted 9/3/2013 10:41:05 AM
regsantotomas posted...
Did we really need a variant of this against the PS4? The moderated Xbox One topic was bad enough.

The difference is in how this one is constructed. Additionally the TC is talking about the fanboys and not necessarily the console itself. They even say to just get whichever system you want.

Really what we need is less insulting on the boards and more actual discussion instead. Unfortunately, many create topics or make posts that result in a lot of arguing. But it is the Internet....

I agree that people should just get the system they want and stop attacking those who share a different preference
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup
#9micheal82Posted 9/3/2013 10:42:16 AM
Teremei posted...

You don't have to have gold for the TV Guide: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-tv-features-might-not-require-gold-subscriptio-1233241787
According to Amazon the limited edition comes with the Day One pack.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#10regsantotomasPosted 9/3/2013 10:43:22 AM
phoenix9291 posted...
regsantotomas posted...

The difference is in how this one is constructed. Additionally the TC is talking about the fanboys and not necessarily the console itself. They even say to just get whichever system you want.

Really what we need is less insulting on the boards and more actual discussion instead. Unfortunately, many create topics or make posts that result in a lot of arguing. But it is the Internet....

I agree that people should just get the system they want and stop attacking those who share a different preference

Talking about the "fanboys" on either side only provides them the attention that they crave.

If you see trolling or any violation of the ToS, mark and move on. That is the best medicine IMO.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego