Will the Real X1 Please Stand

#1MRL3G3NDPosted 9/3/2013 12:27:23 PM
http://youtu.be/3bFXwLLOZik

Kinect/smartglass @:46

Kinect?
http://youtu.be/Szr5hGU3EK0
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 9/3/2013 12:31:42 PM
Who would want to control their TV with motion controls?
#3MRL3G3ND(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 8:44:35 AM
lol whats really messed up is that this X1 can DVR shows, and do all of the motion and voice controls

to use the xbox One, you still need a cable box in addition to your cable box
dumb dumb dumb
---
#4HypnoCooshPosted 9/5/2013 8:50:27 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
lol whats really messed up is that this X1 can DVR shows, and do all of the motion and voice controls

dumb dumb dumb

Couldn't agree with you more.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#5bob15xPosted 9/5/2013 8:54:15 AM(edited)
MRL3G3ND posted...

dumb dumb dumb

Do not cable companies have specific boxes for a reason? woudl there not be compatiblity issues? Would MS have to have their box be compatible with every cable company in the world and have to re-hardware all xbox ones when someone offers new services and options?

If that was the case, not dumb dumb dumb at all. But I admit not sure how digital boxes work in conjunction with the cable services.

what is sad is first 3 people in this thread are known sony trolls.

maybe you guys shouldnt jump in and comment on each others trolls topics so fast, makes it look way too obvious.
#6MRL3G3ND(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 9:22:01 AM
bob15x posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

dumb dumb dumb

Do not cable companies have specific boxes for a reason? woudl there not be compatiblity issues? Would MS have to have their box be compatible with every cable company in the world and have to re-hardware all xbox ones when someone offers new services and options?

If that was the case, not dumb dumb dumb at all. But I admit not sure how digital boxes work in conjunction with the cable services.

maybe you guys shouldnt jump in and comment on each others trolls topics so fast, makes it look way too obvious.

No they basically have 1 box for basic/economy services, then the X1 for everything else.

What xbox one does is just create an overlay of what the cable box kicks out...so you'll still have to use the cable box remote to control the channel switching. With voice and motion control... I doubt the x1 and xbox one will be any good together...even though the X1 looks like the Cadillac of cable boxes

I don't even watch cable, all I have is economy basic local channels, and that's because of my internet connection.

Basically if I have time to sit in front of the TV I'm gaming. The only time I watch TV (Netflix) is when I'm eating or I'm entertaining company.
My brother pays $145 a month to watch trueblood lol... I pay $7.99/mo

I don't see how they expect us to pay

$100+ for cable
$60 for XBL
Then expect us to pay additional money for other channels they offer

it's like TV overkill....for gamers of all people...the people who get kicked OFF of the TV for TV lol

it just sounds like a half ass moronic business plan...and this is the $1000's of dollars of value we get for the cheap low price of $500

we're talking big bucks here...and not one mention of games yet smh
---
#7DelRowePosted 9/5/2013 9:27:47 AM
Lol at the top comments from the first video.
---
You are not in control.
#8bob15xPosted 9/5/2013 9:33:05 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
bob15x posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

dumb dumb dumb

No they basically have 1 box for basic/economy services, then the X1 for everything else.

What xbox one does is just create an overlay of what the cable box kicks out...so you'll still have to use the cable box remote to control the channel switching. With voice and motion control... I doubt the x1 and xbox one will be any good together...even though the X1 looks like the Cadillac of cable boxes

I don't even watch cable, all I have is economy basic local channels, and that's because of my internet connection.

Basically if I have time to sit in front of the TV I'm gaming. The only time I watch TV (Netflix) is when I'm eating or I'm entertaining company.
My brother pays $145 a month to watch trueblood lol... I pay $7.99/mo

I don't see how they expect us to pay

$100+ for cable
$60 for XBL
Then expect us to pay additional money for other channels they offer

it's like TV overkill....for gamers of all people...the people who get kicked OFF of the TV for TV lol

it just sounds like a half ass moronic business plan...and this is the $1000's of dollars of value we get for the cheap low price of $500

we're talking big bucks here...and not one mention of games yet smh

When I eventually get an xbox one, the tv feature I am actually looking forward to is playing a game and having a tv show in a window. There are many times I am playing a game like skyrim, something more slow paced but requires and investment of time where I want to watch something on tv. That to me is a good feature.

I tried using my laptop and watching something by putting it on the coffee table but its nto the same, you have to take your eyes off the screen.

but I trimmed down my cable because therer is mostly trash reality shows on tv now, - thank you for that trailer trash America. I watch most stuff online and plug it in my tv. I hope one of the boxes will allow me to go to syfy stream a video and make it full screen on my tv. That way dont have to keep hooking up my laptop.
#9Cornbread4lifePosted 9/5/2013 10:08:46 AM
I don't understand the whole TV integration thing. I'm getting an X1, but when I want to watch TV, I just press my "input" button and use my cable remote. I don't see how this makes anything more convenient.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#10xninjagrrlPosted 9/5/2013 10:12:10 AM
Cornbread4life posted...
I don't understand the whole TV integration thing. I'm getting an X1, but when I want to watch TV, I just press my "input" button and use my cable remote. I don't see how this makes anything more convenient.

Plus, if I want to watch tv for half a day, why do I want to power on my Xbox to do it. I have not experienced high rates of longevity with my Xbox's and I'd rather not use it unless I have to. Sad huh.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.