DICE explains fix for Admin abuse for Rent A Server on BF4. X1 day one buy.

#1zerooo0Posted 9/3/2013 1:03:00 PM
ttp://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/03/dice-answers-your-battlefield-4-questions

[Skiptomahloo and others] How do you guys feel about the rent-a-server model? There’s quite a bit of chatter on IGN about admin abuse and players feeling as though they’ve been punished for skill as opposed to any kind of infraction.

Lars Gustavsson: We’ve definitely heard the community and we experience it ourselves. What we’ve done is we’ve introduced a new system where basically we have pre-defined scales, so if you’re within certain boundaries it will be an official server, which means that people who use – for example – quick match, will be slotted into this. You will be guaranteed a good Battlefield experience. You’ll know what you’re getting into. If you start tweaking around with the settings a little more, it will go down to being ranked which means that you’ll still get your persistence and everything, but some settings might be a bit different from what you’re used to. And then [finally] you can go crazy and change all of the settings, but then it will go down to unranked, so we give you as an admin the freedom, but also to take responsibility for the end user who wants to have a good experience.

So we definitely listened to them. And also we’ve been revisiting how we can ensure that your skill or your XP can be better balanced from game mode to level, so it’s not like some levels are so much more popular than others, just because of a higher XP ratio.

Hopefully this works out. I almost gave up BF3 because of Rent A Server on the console version. The Admin power abuse was just too strong & annoying. Seriously I saw a server banning all AR's,Carbines, & Snipers. It's like what's the point of enjoying the game if you're just going to ban half of the dang weapon list?
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2_OujiDoza_Posted 9/3/2013 1:21:30 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Hopefully this works out. I almost gave up BF3 because of Rent A Server on the console version. The Admin power abuse was just too strong & annoying. Seriously I saw a server banning all AR's,Carbines, & Snipers. It's like what's the point of enjoying the game if you're just going to ban half of the dang weapon list?

It's a matter of choice, so if there is a server setting you don't care for, you aren't obligated to join it, so what the **** is the problem here?
---
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 1:27:53 PM
_OujiDoza_ posted...
zerooo0 posted...

It's a matter of choice, so if there is a server setting you don't care for, you aren't obligated to join it, so what the **** is the problem here?

That's not really the problem. That's just my view point that I choose to ignore those servers. But, when I do join a server & start doing well only to be banned from an Admin, THAT'S when I have a problem.

I just said that I(ME, MY OPINION) thought it was stupid to ban half the game.That was "MY OPINION"

get the hint yet?
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#4Ch3wyPosted 9/3/2013 1:41:08 PM
This doesn't really solve admins banning you randomly or because you're doing too good does it?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#5cbc72Posted 9/3/2013 1:47:23 PM
Ch3wy posted...
This doesn't really solve admins banning you randomly or because you're doing too good does it?

That was my thought as well. He goes into great depths to talk about server options while avoiding the fact it sounds like they are doing nothing to prevent abusive admins.
---
You're doing it wrong.
http://tinyurl.com/lltosb2
#6PowerOfTheCloudPosted 9/3/2013 1:51:30 PM
Its a problem for sure. Almost every server I try to join bans rockets and semi auto snipers. Those are the funnest to use! Plus a lot of servers don't allow high level players. And you get kicked all the time if you kill an admin, or to make room for their friends. And all official servers are usually empty, especially when searching for a certain gamemode and map configuration.

Can you imagine if CoD has custom rooms which don't allow quickscoping? Everyone would only choose those. People need to man up, get skill, and learn to overcome whatever tactic the enemy uses.
---
300,000 servers, one for every player
#7Exodus_PrimePosted 9/3/2013 1:59:15 PM
zerooo0 posted...
_OujiDoza_ posted...
zerooo0 posted...

That's not really the problem. That's just my view point that I choose to ignore those servers. But, when I do join a server & start doing well only to be banned from an Admin, THAT'S when I have a problem.

I just said that I(ME, MY OPINION) thought it was stupid to ban half the game.That was "MY OPINION"

get the hint yet?

I agree with you, I've been banned/kicked out just because I owned one of the admins on a few standoffs how is it my fault they couldn't kill me :-( I hope they fix it in someway.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#8ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/3/2013 2:02:00 PM
Good. This makes me really happy. I've been kicked so many times just because I did well against the admin's team of friends. Not to mention the amount of bans I got for using a certain weapon class when the admin didn't allow it.
#9TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/3/2013 2:45:29 PM
Not to be a troll (getting X1 at launch), but the PC had a much better BF3 community. About the only things I've seen banned are explosives on some metro servers
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#10_OujiDoza_Posted 9/3/2013 5:24:30 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Not to be a troll (getting X1 at launch), but the PC had a much better BF3 community. About the only things I've seen banned are explosives on some metro servers

I think everyone knows the PC community is a bit more mature when it comes to FPS's.
---
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.