Why do people think Cloud computing is gimmick.. but think Gaikai is real?

#1SaQu1BPosted 9/3/2013 1:10:03 PM
Let me guess.. It is impossible to increase graphics through Cloud.. but suddenly it is possible to render ENTIRE GAMES on cloud? lol what a joke. Are Sony fanboys actually this dillusional? They keep saying Cloud computing is a gimmick (like increase graphical capabilities through cloud computing)... yet Ps4 will somehow render Ps1, PS2, Ps3 games? LMAO The truth is Sony came up with "Gaikai" out of a hat and Sony FB fell for it no doubt.
#2ManInGorillaSutPosted 9/3/2013 1:10:56 PM
You're trying way too hard.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#3SaQu1B(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 1:12:04 PM
Explain to me why Cloud computing is a gimmick? While Gaikai is not?
#4HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/3/2013 1:16:17 PM
A way of playing down dedicated servers.

The same people who stated MS was ripping everyone off for P2P are now downplaying the cloud as "just dedicated servers, nothing new derp" while gritting their molars when declaring PS+ the best now it's not an option.

If all it was were just dedicated servers for every game, that would be enough. Since devs are indeed offloading non-latency bound processing it's a bonus.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#5kennydangPosted 9/3/2013 1:16:18 PM
i do not expect cloud gaming system to process next gen games that easily. its also a very heavy hit on bandwidth and its very skeptical because this is the first time i ever heard of it being possible.

Processing ps1 and ps2 games is really light compared to a full on game from the new gen. earlier ps3 games probably low maybe.

other than that if microsoft can pull it off and not have it flop, alright kool we got a new feature that can work but suck up hella money.
#6Ch3wyPosted 9/3/2013 1:16:55 PM
Gaikai just streams a video.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#7NeroXVPosted 9/3/2013 1:17:04 PM
SaQu1B posted...
Let me guess.. It is impossible to increase graphics through Cloud.. but suddenly it is possible to render ENTIRE GAMES on cloud? lol what a joke. Are Sony fanboys actually this dillusional? They keep saying Cloud computing is a gimmick (like increase graphical capabilities through cloud computing)... yet Ps4 will somehow render Ps1, PS2, Ps3 games? LMAO The truth is Sony came up with "Gaikai" out of a hat and Sony FB fell for it no doubt.

So does that mean that the Ps3 didn't render ps2 and ps1 games;If the Ps4 is more powerful than its predecessor you wont expect it to play PS3,PS2, and Ps1 games?You're so ignorant I'm not even going to go there.
---
Official Keyblade of the KH3 Boards!!!
#8MeaglesVPosted 9/3/2013 1:17:05 PM
The games are streamed brah.
#9gobuffalo30Posted 9/3/2013 1:17:26 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
You're trying way too hard.
#10MrImpatient35Posted 9/3/2013 1:18:20 PM
I never thought about it that way before. Interesting question.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!