Non Removable Hard Drive, Size, Inferior Specs still put me off buying Xbox one

#1mAtRiXrIpOfFPosted 9/3/2013 3:25:40 PM
Even if they remove the kinect bundle and price match PS4 I still put off buying one because:

If hard drive in xbox one stops spinning and dies out on me then Im screwed and have to buy a another xbox one console. Ok you may find a way to open the console and replace the hard drive yourself however your warranty will be void if you do that.
Even if you do it out of the warranty period Microsoft will ban your console playing online for using a 'third party' hard drive in there. Heard similar horror stories with the 360.
Ok you may say and reply I can rely on my external hard drive however what about the important system/operating files on the internal hard drive? You saying the xbox one can run perfectly without a internal hard drive and instead running 100% off the external hard drive?
Spinning Hard Drives do fail unless its SSD where theres no moving parts meaning less chance of a mechanical breakdown.

Its Big and Ugly and could be really loud.

Specs are still inferior compare to PS4. Im willing to consider accepting this if its cheaper than PS4. Inferior Specs should be cheaper for example a Porche 911 should not be more expensive than a Porche 911 Turbo.

Specs/Graphics do count cause the whole point of buying next gen console is because of next gen graphics/specs. Not because of games because these so called games will be ported to 360 just downscaled to 720p like Titanfall, Quantum Break. Im sure these games will be ported to 360 later on running in 720p 30fps instead of 1080p 60fps.

Powered by Cloud computing is useless now cause Internet is not mandatory on xbox one so developers wont waste their time/money utilising this feature.
---
360 Gamertag: ahad the one
Availability: Through Xbox Live!
#2WTFNightmarePosted 9/3/2013 3:30:32 PM
mAtRiXrIpOfF posted...
Even if they remove the kinect bundle and price match PS4 I still put off buying one because:

If hard drive in xbox one stops spinning and dies out on me then Im screwed and have to buy a another xbox one console. Ok you may find a way to open the console and replace the hard drive yourself however your warranty will be void if you do that.
Even if you do it out of the warranty period Microsoft will ban your console playing online for using a 'third party' hard drive in there. Heard similar horror stories with the 360.
Ok you may say and reply I can rely on my external hard drive however what about the important system/operating files on the internal hard drive? You saying the xbox one can run perfectly without a internal hard drive and instead running 100% off the external hard drive?
Spinning Hard Drives do fail unless its SSD where theres no moving parts meaning less chance of a mechanical breakdown.

Its Big and Ugly and could be really loud.

Specs are still inferior compare to PS4. Im willing to consider accepting this if its cheaper than PS4. Inferior Specs should be cheaper for example a Porche 911 should not be more expensive than a Porche 911 Turbo.

Specs/Graphics do count cause the whole point of buying next gen console is because of next gen graphics/specs. Not because of games because these so called games will be ported to 360 just downscaled to 720p like Titanfall, Quantum Break. Im sure these games will be ported to 360 later on running in 720p 30fps instead of 1080p 60fps.

Powered by Cloud computing is useless now cause Internet is not mandatory on xbox one so developers wont waste their time/money utilising this feature.

Better games.. better controller..better online... put on buying the xbox one
---
Better Games. Better Online. Better Controller. Xbox One > Ps4
Future Owner of Xbox One, Ps4, and Wii u
#395_EclipsePosted 9/3/2013 3:32:43 PM(edited)
If it's under warranty, than your HDD will be too. So that part is kind of a moot point.

Edit : Although, you may not be able to get another HDD into it, due to the operating system. So maybe not so moot lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#4Ramsus082Posted 9/3/2013 3:31:24 PM
Pretty much my only issue with it at the moment. Underpowered and overpriced. I don't care about the Kinect spying issues that are unresolved, or the delayed launch markets since I live in one of their 13 territories. I just don't think these magical Kinect promises are going to pan out and justify the price premium and the lowered demand that comes with that. And the lower development support that comes with weakened demand. I just want a PS3.5 and an Xbox720.

I do like Live's infrastructure though, and dedicated servers being utilized more is definitely a niche that I wish Sony would speak up about, but.....I don't do any multiplayer gaming, I'm into games for the single-player experience. Since graphical fidelity is really important to me, I'm going with the PS4 until the XboxOne gets priced appropriately.
#5orbit626Posted 9/3/2013 3:31:51 PM
mAtRiXrIpOfF posted...

Well, I have a 6yo Dell (not my main comp) that I have rarely turned off since buying it and it's original HDD is still going strong. Just saying.

As for the second part, nobody knows, so nobody can answer, although I highly doubt MS will allow that.
---
Xenogears for XBLA in HD!!
#695_EclipsePosted 9/3/2013 3:31:56 PM
WTFNightmare posted...

Better games.. better controller..better online... put on buying the xbox one

Holy opinions batman.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#7PowerOfTheCloudPosted 9/3/2013 3:34:28 PM
mAtRiXrIpOfF posted...